How to use proxy server?

Hi, my internet connection has dynamic IP. So when I download some file from file sharing site, and if my internet connection breaks, my download can't resume from where it had stopped since my IP adress is changed.

But if I stop the download manually (without breaking internet connection), as the IP address remains same, I can resume the download from that point.

So I was thinking if using a proxy server would help to get me a static IP? I mean can I use a proxy server so that everytime the download resumes, it reports a constant (static) IP to the website?

Please tell some FREE proxy server which I can configure in chrome and free download manager and how to configure them, tell that too.

Thnx in advance :)
6 answers Last reply
More about proxy server
  1. There was an extension in Chrome called Geoproxy, worked for me.
  2. And most file sharing sites break your downloads specially, to entice you to buy a membership, some even don't let you use download managers...
  3. tenderanger said:
    There was an extension in Chrome called Geoproxy, worked for me.

Hi, this works, but how to get these setting in free download manager?
  4. tenderanger said:

5. tenderanger said:

6. You can't, even if you do, it won't help work the way you want it to. Maybe try a VPN? GoTrusted's a pretty good one and has a 1 week free trial period and like $6 monthly. Now, the thanks button is easy to hit ^_^.
Ask a new question

Read More

VPN Download Proxy Internet Connection Servers Networking