Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Crysis 3 requirments

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 20, 2013 3:34:55 PM

hello tom's members.as crysis 3 is released for pc & other consoles,i am so eager to play this game.but when i read the maximun requirments for crysis 3 (for pc as i play on pc),some questions arose in my mind,which are
1.is there any difference in graphics for pc(maximum) and console(ps3) ?
2.we require atleast gtx 680 for playing(max resolution) on pc as suggested.the price of gtx 680 is more than ps3(i am from india)7.so,if anybody wants to upgrade his graphic card(for max resolution),whats good for him-to buy a new card or just buy console?(considering other parts of pc too).as the games are becoming more demanding day by day.and consoles last for more time than graphic cards(with respect to upgradation).
3.So,isn,t it better to buy console rather than upgrading gpu and cpu for playing at max resolution?

i am asking this because i am a student and i saved my pocketmoney to upgrade my gpu ,so that i could play all games at max resolution,but now i realise that my gpu is unsufficient to play crysis 3 at max resolution.i would rather have bought a console instead of gpu which would have cost me less.thanks

More about : crysis requirments

Best solution

February 20, 2013 3:54:58 PM

It all depends what you enjoy. I absolutely love graphics and high frame rates. And by the way, Crysis 3 lowest settings are higher than the PS3 version, and this is coming from a PS3 fan. And the frame rates are horrible on consoles. I'm running everything maxed out on Crysis 3 with a GTX 680 and still have higher frame rates than consoles. Just down right out performs in every way.

As far as costing more to upgrade, it can be. If you build a really good computer you probably wont have to upgrade for many years if you buy high quality products. And by the time my GTX 680 starts to fall behind, I'll be able to buy another one for probably $200 and be right back on the top of all games. But that's just to completely max current games out. You can easily build a computer for about $800 and have games "playable" for quite a few years. Only slightly higher than consoles, but a mass load more features.

But I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I personally hate what consoles limit you to. I can be doing multiple things at once while on a computer. Example, I can be surfing the web looking at a guide to a instance while waiting for a group and talking to my friends on a chat channel at the same time. Consoles don't allow all that. And if they did, well the console would probably crash as it's not powerful enough to handle all that. Like I said, personal preference really. I'd rather pay the price of 3-4 consoles to get the features I like, rather than just buy a console. For example, my goal for the computer I'm building now is to run 3x screens at 1080p in 3D while maxing games out with good frames. Consoles don't support anything like that, and even next gen consoles won't even be able to come anywhere near that. But that's what I love and enjoy so that's the route I take. It's up to you to figure out what you enjoy and want to pay for.
a c 180 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 4:04:40 PM

Whats is your specs and which gpu your are aiming for?
Score
Related resources
February 20, 2013 4:12:31 PM

You don't need gtx 680 to play crysis3 max fps. I would say a gtx 670 or 7970 is perfectly playable at max reso for 1080p single monitor. They advised the gtx 680 because their game is known as the best graphic game so they advise a gtx 680 just because they want to show that their game is the best graphics
Score
February 20, 2013 4:25:07 PM

My specs right now are,

CPU- AMD FX-8150 Zamezii 8-core @3.5GHZ
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Forumla-Z
RAM - Patriot Viper Exterme 16GB @ 2400MHz
GPU - EVGA GTX 680
1x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD for OS
1x Velociraptor 10,000 RPM Hard Drive for storage

Not to crazy of a build. More of extreme gaming build on a slight budget. For this build I just plan on adding another SSD in RAID 0 for the OS, and another 500GB hard drive. Along with all the liquid cooling components to start diving into overclocking. And probably another GTX 680 for SLI, but I probably won't be reaching my goals to well with this build. Probably get away on low settings once I get my monitors.

Now what am I aiming for? Well, to really get what I'm looking for that'll all wait until I graduate college and have a decent income to support it. But my specs would simply just be top of the line everything. At this moment, it would be similar to the Maximum PC Dream Machine 2012. A little over the top, and extremely expensive, but it would perform well for my goals. So something like,

CPU - Intel i7
Motherboard - 3way SLI and Intel i7 compatable, preferably an ROG motherboard.
RAM - Max what board supports
GPU - 3x SLI GTX 690
4x 500GB set in RAID configurations for 1TB of Solid State memory

Along with a complete liquid cooling set up with some decent overclocks. Something like that will be my goal. Lol keep in mind, right now that would be nearly a $15,000 rig.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 4:29:23 PM

just get nvidia titan and you're good to go :D 
Score
February 20, 2013 4:53:50 PM

OwensJ480 said:
My specs right now are,

CPU- AMD FX-8150 Zamezii 8-core @3.5GHZ
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Forumla-Z
RAM - Patriot Viper Exterme 16GB @ 2400MHz
GPU - EVGA GTX 680
1x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD for OS
1x Velociraptor 10,000 RPM Hard Drive for storage

Not to crazy of a build. More of extreme gaming build on a slight budget. For this build I just plan on adding another SSD in RAID 0 for the OS, and another 500GB hard drive. Along with all the liquid cooling components to start diving into overclocking. And probably another GTX 680 for SLI, but I probably won't be reaching my goals to well with this build. Probably get away on low settings once I get my monitors.

Now what am I aiming for? Well, to really get what I'm looking for that'll all wait until I graduate college and have a decent income to support it. But my specs would simply just be top of the line everything. At this moment, it would be similar to the Maximum PC Dream Machine 2012. A little over the top, and extremely expensive, but it would perform well for my goals. So something like,

CPU - Intel i7
Motherboard - 3way SLI and Intel i7 compatable, preferably an ROG motherboard.
RAM - Max what board supports
GPU - 3x SLI GTX 690
4x 500GB set in RAID configurations for 1TB of Solid State memory

Along with a complete liquid cooling set up with some decent overclocks. Something like that will be my goal. Lol keep in mind, right now that would be nearly a $15,000 rig.

you cant 3-way a gtx 690 unless you got 3gtx titan. There is no point in getting raid 0 for os, its takes a longer time, raid0 ssd for your heavy application not os.
Score
February 20, 2013 6:11:13 PM

pete123edgar said:
you cant 3-way a gtx 690 unless you got 3gtx titan. There is no point in getting raid 0 for os, its takes a longer time, raid0 ssd for your heavy application not os.

Hhhmmm, from everything I've studied and researched it contradicts this. From what I've gathered, Raid 0 increases read write times for everything, therefore increasing speed of OS as well as anything else on the drives. While slightly decreasing security. So idk how you get that Raid 0 will slow the OS. I've seen hundreds of builds that just use small SSD's in Raid 0 for performance of the OS since it's very expensive right now to buy enough room to have your games and applications on a SSD.

And yes, 3x GTX 690 isn't possible except for the Titan. Anyways, it was clearly a theoretical post. Obviously nothing was set in stone. It was just to say, when I have the money to support a very high end build "it would be something like this". By the time I have the money for something like that all those specs wont be able to handle what I'd like to do anyways.
Score
February 20, 2013 6:12:17 PM

alvine said:
just get nvidia titan and you're good to go :D 

I wish! Lol hopefully when I get my degree I'll have enough to afford those monsters! Although, by the time I get my degree those will probably be standard GPU's haha.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 6:24:37 PM

My sig rig can handle crysis 3 60fps avg @ 1080p high 2xAA
Score
February 20, 2013 6:43:53 PM

stickmansam said:
My sig rig can handle crysis 3 60fps avg @ 1080p high 2xAA

I know. The game isn't as drastically as demanging as it use to be. But what I was talking about earlier in the post was just goals of complete ultimate performance meeting current technologies. Right now 2x GTX 690's wouldn't be doing too amazing if you were to run Crysis 3, or Battlefield 3 at Ultra settings on 3x screens at 180p in 3D.

As you can see here, http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-690-ben...

The GTX 690 in SLI at 5760x1080p res (3 screens) only gets an average of 57 fps. Put that in 3D, (idk if the game supports it, this is just theoretical) and your frames drop in half since 3D is 2 screens on top of each other. That means you'd be looking at around 33 FPS at those specs with two insane GPU's. So instances like that, which are my ridiculously retarded goals, 3x Titans would definitely be needed :) 
Score
February 22, 2013 6:50:07 AM

thankyou guys for clarifying me.happy to know that graphics look better on pc than consoles.i will upgrade my pc.afterall playing games at maximum resolution is just awsome,rather than compromising at lower resolution.
Score
February 22, 2013 6:50:22 AM

Best answer selected by spykar_911.
Score
February 22, 2013 6:52:19 AM

thanks a lot for ur suggestion friend.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
February 22, 2013 11:34:23 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!