Closed Solved

Graphics card $100-$150 compatibility question, components listed below

these are the parts i'm looking at getting. i'm not sure how to tell if a video card is compatible and what parts it needs to be compatible with aside from having a power supply sufficient to run it. thanks ahead for any help! i'm looking between $100-150. i have no loyalties to a manufacturer or distributor's. i wouldn't need to play the latest games but i want my display to look good. i'm not sure of my monitor's resolution but it is a new 24" asus widescreen led and has dvi and hdmi ins if that's helpful at all.
-GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3 AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
-RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply
-AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX
-Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-mike
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card compatibility question components listed below
  1. Are you going to play any games?
  2. eww. raidmax?
  3. Best answer
    well all your parts should work fine together, and in your price range i would say an amd 7850 for about $150 would be you best bet... but

what are you using your computer for?

that fx8120 is a good processor but is only going to shine on heavy video transcoding or complicated photoshop editing.

if all you want is to surf the internet, listen to music and game a little bit from time to time i would skip the amd fx and video card route and go with an amd trinity a10-5800k and 8gb of fast 1866mhz ram.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/memory-bandwidth-scaling-trinity,3419.html

amd's newer apu called richland is going to release in about a month so the prices of an a10-5800k should start to get competitive, I've personally seen that processor go for $100 although its normal price is $150.

that being said, that A10 cpu has a built in gpu(7660g) and overall when gaming is concerned is better quality and faster than a 360/ps3.
  4. Best answer selected by mandklewis.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility Graphics