Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TTG CODEC problem

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
February 27, 2005 10:43:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I'm having a codec-related problem with Tivo To Go. Here's the situation.
I installed the InterVideo DVD X-Pack, and sure enough, I could load shows
from the TIVO onto the laptop and watch them using Windows Media Player.

The problem is that the 'speed related' control is pause. I can't use the
fast forward or reverse buttons, and I can't even drag the slider to a new
location. In other words, if I want to see a point 1/2 hour into the show,
the only way to do it is to press play and then wait 1/2 hour!

I have heard that this is a codec-related problem, so I downloaded
"DScaler5005.exe". This fixes the problem with navigation, but messes up
the aspect ratio of the film.

Any suggestions as to how I can get both the correct aspect ratio and
navigation?

Thanks.

More about : ttg codec problem

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 10:43:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:43:46 -0500, Name wrote:

> I have heard that this is a codec-related problem, so I downloaded
> "DScaler5005.exe". This fixes the problem with navigation, but messes up
> the aspect ratio of the film.

What version of Windows Media Player are you using?

Google around for "Windows Media Player" and "incorrect aspect ratio". I
can't recall off hand if it's too new of a version that causes a problem
or too old, but it's one or the other.

You can try a different player, like Zoom Player, or Media Player Classic.

--
Lenroc
February 27, 2005 10:51:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

"Lenroc" <lenroc@NOSPAMFORYOU.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ETtUd.10701$Sn6.9696@lakeread03...
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:43:46 -0500, Name wrote:
>
>> I have heard that this is a codec-related problem, so I downloaded
>> "DScaler5005.exe". This fixes the problem with navigation, but messes up
>> the aspect ratio of the film.
>
> What version of Windows Media Player are you using?
>
> Google around for "Windows Media Player" and "incorrect aspect ratio". I
> can't recall off hand if it's too new of a version that causes a problem
> or too old, but it's one or the other.
>
> You can try a different player, like Zoom Player, or Media Player Classic.

Using version 10.
Related resources
February 27, 2005 10:54:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

> I'm having a codec-related problem with Tivo To Go. Here's the situation.
> I installed the InterVideo DVD X-Pack, and sure enough, I could load shows
> from the TIVO onto the laptop and watch them using Windows Media Player.
>
> The problem is that the 'speed related' control is pause. I can't use
> the fast forward or reverse buttons, and I can't even drag the slider to a
> new location. In other words, if I want to see a point 1/2 hour into the
> show, the only way to do it is to press play and then wait 1/2 hour!
>
> I have heard that this is a codec-related problem, so I downloaded
> "DScaler5005.exe". This fixes the problem with navigation, but messes up
> the aspect ratio of the film.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I can get both the correct aspect ratio and
> navigation?
..

One other issue: Even if I could get the aspect ratio right on the DScaler
codec, I can't really use it, since it causes DVD playing to fail!

In short, I need a codec that will get both navigation and aspect ratio, and
I don't know one that will do both!

Thanks again.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 4:14:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

This one works for me:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1...

The AR is somewhere between 1:1 and 4:3 and the navigation works fine.

"Name" <email@address.com> wrote in message
news:MYtUd.3891$2s.3549@lakeread06...
>> I'm having a codec-related problem with Tivo To Go. Here's the
>> situation. I installed the InterVideo DVD X-Pack, and sure enough, I
>> could load shows from the TIVO onto the laptop and watch them using
>> Windows Media Player.
>>
>> The problem is that the 'speed related' control is pause. I can't use
>> the fast forward or reverse buttons, and I can't even drag the slider to
>> a new location. In other words, if I want to see a point 1/2 hour into
>> the show, the only way to do it is to press play and then wait 1/2 hour!
>>
>> I have heard that this is a codec-related problem, so I downloaded
>> "DScaler5005.exe". This fixes the problem with navigation, but messes up
>> the aspect ratio of the film.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to how I can get both the correct aspect ratio and
>> navigation?
> .
>
> One other issue: Even if I could get the aspect ratio right on the
> DScaler codec, I can't really use it, since it causes DVD playing to fail!
>
> In short, I need a codec that will get both navigation and aspect ratio,
> and I don't know one that will do both!
>
> Thanks again.
>
February 28, 2005 9:03:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

"BSackamano" <bsackamano@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:QfuUd.70868$tl3.28068@attbi_s02...
> This one works for me:
> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1...
>
> The AR is somewhere between 1:1 and 4:3 and the navigation works fine.
>
> "Name" <email@address.com> wrote in message
> news:MYtUd.3891$2s.3549@lakeread06...
>>> I'm having a codec-related problem with Tivo To Go. Here's the
>>> situation. I installed the InterVideo DVD X-Pack, and sure enough, I
>>> could load shows from the TIVO onto the laptop and watch them using
>>> Windows Media Player.
>>>
>>> The problem is that the 'speed related' control is pause. I can't use
>>> the fast forward or reverse buttons, and I can't even drag the slider to
>>> a new location. In other words, if I want to see a point 1/2 hour into
>>> the show, the only way to do it is to press play and then wait 1/2 hour!
>>>
>>> I have heard that this is a codec-related problem, so I downloaded
>>> "DScaler5005.exe". This fixes the problem with navigation, but messes
>>> up the aspect ratio of the film.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions as to how I can get both the correct aspect ratio and
>>> navigation?
>> .
>>
>> One other issue: Even if I could get the aspect ratio right on the
>> DScaler codec, I can't really use it, since it causes DVD playing to
>> fail!
>>
>> In short, I need a codec that will get both navigation and aspect ratio,
>> and I don't know one that will do both!
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>
It turns out that resetting the video hardware acceleration to defaults
fixes the navigation problem in WMP. Go figure!
!