Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Crossfire
  • HD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 20, 2013 6:04:24 PM

I currently have an HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB and want to do a crossfire but newegg does not have that card in stock currently (and other retailers are charging more for it than I want to pay).

Would I have any problem crossfiring with an HIS IceQ X H785QN2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB. It is made by the same company, has the same exact chipset, has the same core clock speed (860mhz) and same effective memory clock (1200mhz). The only differences are a slightly different model number and the IceQ X seems to be just a tiny bit (fraction of an inch) larger according to online specs. And the price is right!

Thanks for the responses!

More about : crossfire 7850 models brand

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 6:15:45 PM

The only differences I see are the cooler

I don't think theres any issue as long as you can fit them in your case and your mb can support it, preferably in pcie 3
February 20, 2013 6:24:45 PM

stickmansam said:
The only differences I see are the cooler

I don't think theres any issue as long as you can fit them in your case and your mb can support it, preferably in pcie 3

Exactly! I definitely have room and a spare pcie 3 that i am saving just for this. I have an ASRock z77 extreme4 and an HAF 922 case so there is plenty of room. I may hold off on the purchase and see if Grandma will buy it for me next month as all of my spare $ from March is going towards child support. While I <3 gaming I <3 my baby girl even more :) 
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2013 6:48:45 PM

Best answer selected by RicardoDomingo.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 6:50:28 PM

Pretty sure different brand ones will work together if pricing changes, just make sure its a 2GB model and clock rate can be adjusted yourself if need be
m
l
!