Sign in with
Your question
Solved

670 keeps crashing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 20, 2013 6:36:16 PM

Hi, I have a Galaxy GTX 670 GC 2gb that keeps crashing with my two screens. I have my main as a 1920x1080 and my secondary as a 1680x1050. I never had problems with my 1680x1050 paired with a lower resolution monitor (sorry I can't remember the resolution) and it would run just fine with it. But when I put on the 1920x1080 it would crash especially while playing WoW. The most I would have up on my 1680x1050 screen would be a livestream or a youtube video in at the most 1080p and not in full screen. I have the core on the GPU overclocked 90 mhz (was my highest stable setting) and the memory at +400 (also highest) I have my voltage at 1.15v and the GPU doesn't get above 60c while playing games but seems to almost always be at 100% load in games. I am not sure what to do i've tried back tracking in drivers and taking off the overclock but nothing seems to work. My cpu is an i5-3570k.

More about : 670 crashing

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 6:57:15 PM

You are pushing your GPU too much. Lower the OC settings then try again. Also, if you have the games at max settings then the GPU will crash when you are steaming at higher quality. So something got to give, you either play on high settings and stream at 720p max.
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 7:12:35 PM

I would try playing the game without streaming from youtube at the same time and see if you are still crashing. It could be that you can't do both at the same time. Gaming is demanding by itself. If that does not solve the problem then there is something else going on but that would be a good place to start. Also try setting your OC back to default at least to test if that might be the problem.
Related resources
a c 132 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 7:15:16 PM

Yea I'm with the previous people to respond to this thread. You are pushing your card to hard streaming and running multi monitors on a 2 gigabyte 670 is putting your card through the ringer I'm afraid.
February 20, 2013 7:21:24 PM

bryonhowley said:
I would try playing the game without streaming from youtube at the same time and see if you are still crashing. It could be that you can't do both at the same time. Gaming is demanding by itself. If that does not solve the problem then there is something else going on but that would be a good place to start. Also try setting your OC back to default at least to test if that might be the problem.

It crashes regardless of the stream being up or youtube video being up or not. I just knocked the OC back some so i'm going to see if that helps.
a c 132 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 7:52:09 PM

Then that is something else entirely. More then likely a lack of stability due to the overclock perhaps. You could run furmark and see if anything happens or the game/application that pushes your card/driver to crash.
February 20, 2013 8:04:49 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Then that is something else entirely. More then likely a lack of stability due to the overclock perhaps. You could run furmark and see if anything happens or the game/application that pushes your card/driver to crash.

I have already stress test it on furmark for 3 hr's and it didn't crash. I got to about 70c but that's all.
a c 132 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 8:45:33 PM

I'm running out of possibilities of what it could be the only time I have ever had a driver crash was with Civilization V with a very late game map. With a ton of units on the map.

To understand your multi monitor setup are you using extend monitor or are you going through nvidia control panel.
February 20, 2013 8:59:54 PM

bigshootr8 said:
I'm running out of possibilities of what it could be the only time I have ever had a driver crash was with Civilization V with a very late game map. With a ton of units on the map.

To understand your multi monitor setup are you using extend monitor or are you going through nvidia control panel.

Uhm, they're displaying seperate pictures aka background ect. They aren't synced together. I'm not sure what you mean by going through the nvidia control panel or extend the moniter.
February 20, 2013 9:00:12 PM

bigshootr8 said:

Uhm, they're displaying seperate pictures aka background ect. They aren't synced together. I'm not sure what you mean by going through the nvidia control panel or extend the moniter.
a c 132 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 9:08:14 PM

When you extend your desktop it extends it meaning you have two screens to work with and you do this with the screen resolution settings within windows. What you do within nvidia control panel is if you were using multiple monitors and wanted to have games span over multiple screens it would assist in that.
February 20, 2013 11:39:25 PM

bigshootr8 said:
When you extend your desktop it extends it meaning you have two screens to work with and you do this with the screen resolution settings within windows. What you do within nvidia control panel is if you were using multiple monitors and wanted to have games span over multiple screens it would assist in that.

Ah, well that's not what I am doing. They display separate things. Example: I play WoW on the 1920x1080 while I have a Live-stream up on the 1680x1050.
a c 132 U Graphics card
February 21, 2013 12:46:31 AM

yea you could use extend desktop with that and be fine. Extend desktop doesn't span the game on two screens. Plus you can play in window mode anyway.
February 21, 2013 2:20:52 AM

bigshootr8 said:
yea you could use extend desktop with that and be fine. Extend desktop doesn't span the game on two screens. Plus you can play in window mode anyway.

How do I do extend desktop?
February 21, 2013 9:26:30 PM

Best answer selected by Wolfz.
a c 132 U Graphics card
February 21, 2013 9:33:18 PM

Ah well that is good to hear so it was probably just a stability issue then.
!