Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HD 7950 blankscreen after reboot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 20, 2013 7:38:05 PM

Hello,
m having hd 7950 sapphire boost edition ,, i was playing dirt 3 with weird fps like 30 fps,,

then my pc gave error unsupported graphics card ,, when i booted with graphics card ports via hdmi then win logo apperars and at the time of lock screen arrival blank screen appeared ,,,

tried reinserting grafix card ,, no luck ...

after an hour or so,, taking out grafix card , i installed win 7 by plugging monitor into hdmi port of mobo and installed grafix card again nd now it worked lyk before ,,, my ques is ,, what the hell was wrong at that tym ??? y dont it booted in win 8 ??


my specs

core i5 3450
1tb caviar green WD
tx 650 corsair
4x2 corsair vngnce
ga b75m d3h mobo..
haf 912
saPPHIRE HD 7950 oc edition with boost ..

shud i ask for replacement ??
February 20, 2013 7:49:41 PM

ankurdabas said:
Hello,
m having hd 7950 sapphire boost edition ,, i was playing dirt 3 with weird fps like 30 fps,,

then my pc gave error unsupported graphics card ,, when i booted with graphics card ports via hdmi then win logo apperars and at the time of lock screen arrival blank screen appeared ,,,

tried reinserting grafix card ,, no luck ...

after an hour or so,, taking out grafix card , i installed win 7 by plugging monitor into hdmi port of mobo and installed grafix card again nd now it worked lyk before ,,, my ques is ,, what the hell was wrong at that tym ??? y dont it booted in win 8 ??


my specs

core i5 3450
1tb caviar green WD
tx 650 corsair
4x2 corsair vngnce
ga b75m d3h mobo..
haf 912
saPPHIRE HD 7950 oc edition with boost ..

shud i ask for replacement ??

I don't even what is this.

I mean... if I understand you correctly, it sounds like it could be a driver issue. Try getting the latest drivers and installing them, after properly removing existing drivers.
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 7:54:28 PM

That may be it the drivers. From what I gathered he was doing just fine and then when he would reboot he would receive a blank screen with nothing displaying. It also may be a weird issue with Windows 8 its hard to tell because he mentions going back to Windows 7.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 20, 2013 8:29:10 PM

i went to win 7 because my card was not responding to win 8 after booting
....
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 8:30:18 PM

jrgray93 said:
I don't even what is this.

I mean... if I understand you correctly, it sounds like it could be a driver issue. Try getting the latest drivers and installing them, after properly removing existing drivers.

i was using 13.xx something beta version
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 8:33:24 PM

whats confusing here is ,,, how is it working now ?? ( after reinstaling fresh copy of 7 )

m totaly gone mad ,,plz help me at dis ,,
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 8:43:26 PM

Sounds like a driver issue. Since I don't know what driver you are using. Where you using the windows 8 driver for the windows 8 install?
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 8:46:16 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Sounds like a driver issue. Since I don't know what driver you are using. Where you using the windows 8 driver for the windows 8 install?

i was using catalyst 13.2 beta
:??: 
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 8:48:57 PM

But where you using the one under windows 8 or is it used for both windows 7/8 also, since I don't know AMD drivers all that well it could be an issue with the beta driver and windows 8. Ah just checked so it looks like they work together. However what I have linked is the WHQL driver which is the official release.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad...
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 8:51:57 PM

bigshootr8 said:
But where you using the one under windows 8 or is it used for both windows 7/8 also, since I don't know AMD drivers all that well it could be an issue with the beta driver and windows 8. Ah just checked so it looks like they work together. However what I have linked is the WHQL driver which is the official release.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad...



but it was working fyn from like 6 days or so ,,

m
0
l
February 20, 2013 9:06:15 PM

about a week ago i had gtx 660 .. with nvidia drivers installed ..

after upgrading to hd 7950 ,, i forget to remove drivers ,, so i was running nvidia as well as amd ,, can this b a cause ?
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 9:06:40 PM

Have you made any changes. Have you done anything downloaded anything, installed any new programs, anti virus/spam programs. Without having a more clear knowledge I'm going to be limited to what I can say to help you.
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 9:11:45 PM

can drivers be corrupted by threats ???? coz i always have my antivirus kept to off ,,,
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 9:15:03 PM

ankurdabas said:
about a week ago i had gtx 660 .. with nvidia drivers installed ..

after upgrading to hd 7950 ,, i forget to remove drivers ,, so i was running nvidia as well as amd ,, can this b a cause ?

yes
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 9:15:03 PM

Anything can be corrupted with threats. I would say its highly unlikely however, I'm just taking a stab in the dark because all I have to go off of is that you have tried drivers out that you have issues with windows 8 running but the second you switch to Windows 7 you are fine. What happens when you try and fresh install windows 8 do you get the same issues?
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 9:24:42 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Anything can be corrupted with threats. I would say its highly unlikely however, I'm just taking a stab in the dark because all I have to go off of is that you have tried drivers out that you have issues with windows 8 running but the second you switch to Windows 7 you are fine. What happens when you try and fresh install windows 8 do you get the same issues?

i did installed win8 again .. a minute ago ,, gpu working fyn till nw ,, i gues it was possibly a threat ,, coz it happened after installation of dirt 3 crack from skidrow.. my defender was teling me about it ,,, but i dint cared ,,, :cry: 
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 9:27:56 PM

Well at least now you know right? And buy the game no reason to pirate anymore. Plus with ISP's starting to do 3 strike against those who are pirating its just safer better for you to purchase the game. Steam has sales on those sorts of games all the time. Glad your issue was fixed.
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 9:33:11 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Well at least now you know right? And buy the game no reason to pirate anymore. Plus with ISP's starting to do 3 strike against those who are pirating its just safer better for you to purchase the game. Steam has sales on those sorts of games all the time. Glad your issue was fixed.

thanx buddy for quick response

;) 
m
0
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 10:01:27 PM

Not a problem. I was getting a little frustrated trying to solve your issue but glad it was software related and not hardware.
m
0
l
!