Unable to access particular site

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hi all.

I am unable to open www.facebook.com This happened overnight. I am able to access m.facebook.com though.

Ping to www.facebook.com returns could not find host. but pinging ww.facebook.com (2 w instead of 3 w) gave response but not working accessing in browser. tried dnsflush still not working. in nslookup it returns "non existent domain". checked in "c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts", tried all browsers..... still the www.facebook.com aint working.

Am I missing something.

Thanks
Roger

Solution
Sounds like you are somehow being blocked by your DNS server. Try just putting in the corresponding IP address:69.171.229.13 that you can get from the whois lookup.

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hey...thanks for the reply.

I just fixed it by resetting all by browsers, reset my wimax device, shutdown for 3-mins and fixed it.

Am not sure how...but that fixed it. I was just about to closed this thread.

Thanks again.

Roger

suman553

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I had a similar situation, I have noticed that the particular websites are being blocked by Anti-Virus Software installed in your Machine. For Eg. in McAfee, there is a option called 'Turn On Net Guard' which has to be unchecked. Otherwise, it will decide that the particular websites are risky and start blocking them.

I have resolved this by unchecking the 'Turn On Net Guard' setting in McAfee.

Status
Not open for further replies.