Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New 660 crashing Details inside

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 20, 2013 10:32:43 PM

Hey guys, i recently purchased a nvidia 660, it started up fine after i got it in. The problem is it crashes if i load up any game or use Windows experience index. As soon as my gpu hits any load the whole computer just shuts down. If i throw in my old card it works fine. I removed all old drivers from old card before installing, tried every release date of the 660 driver..

Phenom x4 965 Black edition
8gb Ram
1tb Hard driver

Coolmax V-600 Power supply (600w)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thats the PSU, i believe thats where the problems are coming from but i want to be positive before i go and buy a new one.

Thanks for any help.
a b Î Nvidia
February 20, 2013 11:30:00 PM

and you purchased that PS .... ??? because of the price.......... 28% of reviewers panned the thing and you bought one.. ??

regardless of all the hardware that you put in your machine the power supply is the single most important part.

if you can't provide enough clean power the whole system will suffer.

if it's "suggested" you need 500 watts........... buy 600 or 650.

and don't forget to read the reviews. all those people can't be wrong......... and check other e-tail sites for the reviews.
m
l
February 20, 2013 11:53:02 PM

swifty_morgan said:
and you purchased that PS .... ??? because of the price.......... 28% of reviewers panned the thing and you bought one.. ??

regardless of all the hardware that you put in your machine the power supply is the single most important part.

if you can't provide enough clean power the whole system will suffer.

if it's "suggested" you need 500 watts........... buy 600 or 650.

and don't forget to read the reviews. all those people can't be wrong......... and check other e-tail sites for the reviews.

This is the PSU that came with the computer, i just wanted to double check that this HAD to be the problem before i bought a new one, or RMA'd the card. Thanks!
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
February 21, 2013 1:07:30 AM

throw that psu in the bin. get something from Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX. Its not about the rated wattage of your psu, 600w is more than enough, but companies like "coolmax" lie, it is probably more like a 300w psu.
February 21, 2013 10:36:53 AM

Best answer selected by lawyer.
m
l
!