Sign in with
Your question

How to Disable Integrated Graphics?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2013 12:02:19 AM

So I recently built my own pc, and everything is working fine..except I can't install the drivers on my GPU (Radeon 7950) because what I've researched is that I need to disable my integrated graphics in the Bios. Only problem being is that I can't find my Integrated graphics in my bios, therefore I cannot disable it and install all the drivers.
My mobo is:

ASUS P8Z77-V

Before you ask, all the cables are correctly plugged into my GPU (PCIE etc).
Thanks!
February 21, 2013 12:28:03 AM

Jonkftw said:
So I recently built my own pc, and everything is working fine..except I can't install the drivers on my GPU (Radeon 7950) because what I've researched is that I need to disable my integrated graphics in the Bios. Only problem being is that I can't find my Integrated graphics in my bios, therefore I cannot disable it and install all the drivers.
My mobo is:

ASUS P8Z77-V

Before you ask, all the cables are correctly plugged into my GPU (PCIE etc).
Thanks!

I assume you could goto device manager and disable it under display adapters, but it should be turned of in the bios automatically when you put in the GPU
a b U Graphics card
February 21, 2013 12:40:59 AM

You go in the bios and in "integrated peripherals" you should have IGP or integrated graphic, display... select disabled on this option save and reboot...

refer to your motherboard manual if you have some trouble finding this option...
February 21, 2013 2:04:36 AM

as far as i know, as soon as you connect the main display chord to your gpu and start your computer, the inbuilt graphics display is deactivated.....

now don't say that you inserted your gpu in your mobo but u forgot plugging in the main wire....haha....
any ways, if that is the case, check it....
!