jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I have the 2.2 Gig <A HREF="http://www.castlewood.com/" target="_new">ORB</A>, made by Castlewood and the disk that I bought seems to easily corrupt data and become unaccessible. The drive is fast and the disk inexpensive compared to the ZIP or JAZ. I have a friend who is experiencing the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

<b><font color=red>Cast your vote with your $,</b></font color=red> <b><font color=blue>shed your pride with your opinion.</b></font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I had the predeccesor of this unit the now defuncy Sparq drive ( 1 gb) they were bought by castlewood and the reult was the orb drives .. I had nothing but trouble with the sparq drive .. 3 of them failed on me for no apparant reason

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Man! I wish I had know that before I got this ORB. I really don't trust it as a backup source. I'll probably sell it and get me a long-needed CDRW. Thanks for the feedback.

<b><font color=red>Cast your vote with your $,</b></font color=red> <b><font color=blue>shed your pride with your opinion.</b></font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
a wise choice.. may I suggest the lite-on cdrw's ? they are inexpensive reliable fast and can copy any current protections .. look at www.newegg.com and search out reviews

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Hey thanks man, I'll check 'em out. I hope they have a SCSI version.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
not sure if they do but if not I know Yamaha does and they make excellent drives also

lagger