Code Red Hurting Performance???

Fuzz009

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
Many of you heard of the Code REd Virus one and two. WEll...I was told that the virus does not affect performance. I do not believe that. SO I am asking for some of your great knowledge.

I am a poor college student that can only afford the personal @Home service. WHich pretty much means I might get twice as fast as a dial-up. ANyway...with this constant scanning of ports..Isn't that eating up some of bandwidth I need. I am addicted to games....now since this started, I might ping the server at 50 or 60..but then my ping jumps to 100...then 200..then 300..then 400..Up to 1000.

Is anyone else having these problems???? Or did their service quality die at the same time without any connection to this. I need to know..I am about to drop this service [-peep-]..I can ping better jabbing a coat hanger in the pci slot........

FatBurger

Illustrious
Just get the patch to fix your vulnerability, and you won't need to worry about it.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

Fuzz009

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
I am running 98.

What Operating Systems does the Code Red Worm affect?

The Code Red worm affects Microsoft Index Server 2.0 and the Windows 2000 indexing service on computers running Microsoft Windows XP Beta, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 that run IIS 4.0 and 5.0 Web servers.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Fuzz009 on 08/15/01 04:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Right, I know that.

Code Red shouldn't be touching you then. There's nothing really you can do until it blows over.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>