GTX 560 ti booting issues

BCornflakes

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Hey everyone, I just popped in a 560 ti but whenever I go to play my games the built-in Intel graphics operate and the 560 ti won't (I guess you call it) turn on. I have my HDMI running into the processor instead of the GPU (I'm getting a mini HDMI tomorrow by coincidence) so I figure that might be the reason. I would doubt this would be a power issue but perhaps... Any help is greatly appreciated. All drivers are installed and computer is recognizing the card so I'm stumped). Thanks again!

-B.

X51
i5-3570
1TB SATA
EVGA Nvidia 560 TI
6GB DDR3 RAM

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

afaik, you have to output from the GPU. and try to switch off the IGP in the bios.

also make sure you have an ample PSU there. make sure everything is connected.

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
You need to run the HDMI out of your dedicated card and it's best if you disable the HD graphics in the BIOS to prevent drivers crash dues to multiple (and different) video cards (Unless you run Virtu MVP that include another special driver)

BCornflakes

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for all the advice. It seems that this is one of those solutions in life that is so stupidly simple that I wouldn't have thought about it all the way through. I'll see how that goes tomorrow when I get the mini hdmi. I haven't quite figured out how to get into BIOS (obviously I'm not an experienced tech person) but I'm sure I can find that somewhere on here. Cheers!

Its okay man you don't have to be the most tech savvy person to be on toms forums. I think its good you found your way on here at least now you have a answer right and that is what is important. Also I would like to add that if you are using your onboard video through the connection on your motherboard that it may be wise to just wait off with connecting the card till you have the connection because it won't be doing anything as you have found out. But yes as others have suggested you would disable onboard video when you are using your dedicated card :) Don't feel stupid again. Happy gaming!

BCornflakes

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for all the advice. It seems that this is one of those solutions in life that is so stupidly simple that I wouldn't have thought about it all the way through. I'll see how that goes tomorrow when I get the mini hdmi. I haven't quite figured out how to get into BIOS (obviously I'm not an experienced tech person) but I'm sure I can find that somewhere on here. Cheers!