Classical ringtone for free???

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

I just got a Nokia 6010 and would like to know if I can find any
classical ringtones for free (or for very little). I would rather not
have to go through any complicated procedures to obtain such a tone. I
find that the ones that come with the phone are terrible (or at least not
to my taste).
--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey

    http://www.classicalarchives.com/midi/

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    In article <pan.2004.10.30.21.24.20.362000@grfpb.arg>,
    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg says...
    > On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:46:13 +0000, Jerry Bank wrote:
    >
    > > I just got a Nokia 6010 and would like to know if I can find any
    > > classical ringtones for free (or for very little). I would rather not
    > > have to go through any complicated procedures to obtain such a tone. I
    > > find that the ones that come with the phone are terrible (or at least not
    > > to my taste).
    >
    > http://www.classicalarchives.com/midi/

    HOw do I go about getting a midi file into the telephone. It isn't at
    all obvious to me.
    --
    Jerry Bank
    Trenton, New Jersey
    Music is the language of the gods.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:32:04 +0000, Jerry Bank wrote:

    > In article <pan.2004.10.30.21.24.20.362000@grfpb.arg>,
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg says...
    >> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:46:13 +0000, Jerry Bank wrote:
    >>
    >> > I just got a Nokia 6010 and would like to know if I can find any
    >> > classical ringtones for free (or for very little). I would rather not
    >> > have to go through any complicated procedures to obtain such a tone. I
    >> > find that the ones that come with the phone are terrible (or at least not
    >> > to my taste).
    >>
    >> http://www.classicalarchives.com/midi/
    >>

    > HOw do I go about getting a midi file into the telephone. It isn't at
    > all obvious to me.

    As the Nokia 6010 lacks infrared and Bluetooth you'll need a
    data-cable(optional extra), or maybe download the MIDI ringtones via WAP
    from a bit of free web-space somewhere.

    Also you'll probably have to edit the MIDIs from the above site,
    because that phone only supports 4 voice polyphonic MIDI ringtones.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg