Sign in with
Your question

Problems with 4 displays in Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 series

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2013 8:43:37 AM

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems with my new Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7770 (Model name: GV-R7770C-1GD) trying to extend my screen with 4 screens in videowall mode 2x2. I've tried to configure with Eyefinity but it just offer me to do a 1x3 and not the 2x2. Windows 7 screen configuration doesn't allow me to extend more than 2 screens.

AMD software detects my 4 screens conected. The four screens are the same model.

1. DVI
1. HDMI
1. Mini displayport
1. Mini displayport

I've tried to use different cables, different adaptors (minidisplayport to dvi, to vga, to hdmi) and I always get the same problem just 3 screens. I can mix 3 screen between all screens detected but couldn't get the fourth working as an extended screen.

Any idea? I've read the FAQ of AMD and I understand to get up to 6 screens you need a mini displayport splitter, where can I find one?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you!
February 21, 2013 10:31:12 AM

Get the simplest our of the way first. Are you using active displayport adapters?

I do not believe there are displayport splitters or hubs available on the market yet. I might be wrong but I spent some time looking for them towards the end of last year.

I also imagine you've tried different connector type combinations for 3/1 to eliminate potential port issues (card&monitors) causing the problem, correct? DP+DP+HMDI, DP+HDMI+DVI, DP+DP+DVI
Related resources
!