Having trouble with Graphics, can someone help?

Sinafey

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Hi, I purchased parts and built my own computer. I purchased parts after creating a thread on this forum and asking for advice. I have my new computer, and I'm happy with performance, except that I'm having graphic spikes sometimes while playing WoW. I was getting black/white spikes at first, so I did a sweep on driver files and reinstalled the driver. I'm still getting minor things happening to my graphics that are abnormal. I know with my specs I shouldn't have any trouble with WoW on Ultra, infact it should be somewhat overkill.

Here are my parts

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (dont know if im using this properly)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
Monitor: LG IPS231B-BN 23.0" Monitor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
spikes.....!!!!!
i guess that means a sudden increment......(black and white spikes means black and white increments....lol....makes no sense)......

we have your rig....now explain in detail what problem you are experiencing....

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
that seems to be an issue with the monitor....
check connections to the monitor carefully....
if they are fine, then maybe its some internal prob.
if you have any spare monitor, try plugging in that one and see if the spikes exist....

contact an electrician/shopkeeper.....

check the forums of the game ( game sites - WoW ) for a way to limit the number of frames per second in the games console or by modding the game files. old games and newer faster hardware sometimes don't mix.

and if there is a way to enable the fps counter while in game do it......... or maybe try fraps to see what the actual frame rates are.

Sinafey

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure its not my monitor because of this screenshot http://imgur.com/QEMwdBj ...it was pretty clear my monitor was acting just fine. Someone suggested it might be my hard drive. I dont know about that, but I'm not sure if I'm using my SSD correctly. I just hooked it up and installed the software. Other then that I dont really even know what it does exactly. Anyway anyone got any idea of what could be causing this if not the hard drive? Perhaps a corrupt file on my client? If so, how could that possibly happen?

Sinafey

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
hmm i dont think so... it has an ultra setting that looks pretty nice, pretty sure its more then 16 bit lol... i mean nintendo would be 64 bits, and its more on the level with xbox 360

didn't you ever right click on desktop and seek out graphics settings and in there you have options..... somewhere...... 8bit 16bit, etc..... been a while for me but I remember that.

did you try clicking on game icon/properties...etc.... and run it in compatibility mode for........???? xp maybe?

TRENDING THREADS