Gtx 680 SLI help!

Dabigado

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
hey! i am running 2 ASUS 4GB GTX 680 cards in sli and whenever i enable sli i can still browse the internet and do normal comp stuff but as soon as i start a gaming application up the game/drivers crash! i have tried 2 different sli bridges and tested both cards in both slots to make sure neither of them are DOA or anything! i have a corsair 850HX PSU so i dont think that i am using too much power or anything? have a 4.2 overclock on the cpu (i5-2500k) and no overclock on either of the cards! any help will be much appreciated! :D

Dabigado

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
hey! sorry it took so long for me to reply! on lunch, anyways yea i had the beta drivers so i took it back with a clean install of the WHQL rated up to date drivers and that didntfix it so i did another clean install of the drivers on the cd tht came with my gpus just to check to see if that would work but sadly it didnt! so i will try to do a clean install using ccleaner that babernet_1 suggested and let yall know in a bit if that worked or not! so an 850 could be underpowered for this setup?

deathengine

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Have you tried running games with each card separately in the system?
If drivers dont fix the issue, you need to rule out one of the cards being defective.

Edit for reading comprehension fail on my part.

+1 for babernet

My assumption is each card works individually and you can game with each one on its own without a blue screen and your PSU is fine.

When you first installed the cards, did you put them into the system at the same time and boot up with the SLI bridge on? If so, first uninstall the Nvidia drivers. You can do it through add/remove programs without a problem. Shut down, remove the SLI bridge and start the PC with both cards in. Install the Nvidia drivers with no SLI bridge on. Shut down. Put the bridge on and start up. Open control panel and enable SLI (or you might even receive a prompt to do so). Did that work?

Dabigado

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
yea both of the cards as well as pci lanes have been tested and they both work, ubercake: i tried that and it didnt work i did manage to get a 1000W PSU from my buddy that i will try when i get off work here in 2 or 3 hours! do you guys think 1000W would def be enough? i have heard of some of these 680's going up to 330W a piece under load!