rteja

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Previously my isp gave me a modem with connection which was ADSl+2 type which was to be connected to internet with the help of rj 32 and i has got 4 lan ports no wan ports..wirelessl modem or router dont know what to call it
Now i got a new connection this isp gave me a rj45 cable and i need to just plug it and go to a certain page and login to get connected to net.
My questions are
1] Can i use that ADSL+2 modem/router for my new connection using one of the lan ports as wan ?? if possible please explain i am a complete noob 0 knowledge .
2] If i cant then please suggest a good gaming router which is not too costly,mid range
3] my bandwidth is 10mps even though i connect it directly to my pc (rj 45 jack from isp) i get a lot of lag...can it be removed if i use a gaming router

Solution
If your new connection is not DSL, no you can't use the same modem. You can't use the LAN ports as a WAN, they are not configured for that.

2. Netgear RangeMax routers are nice

3. If you have lag with a direct modem connection to the PC, adding another device will just make it worse than anything. Do a bandwidth test from www.dslreports.com or another site like that, see what your speeds and ping times are.
If your new connection is not DSL, no you can't use the same modem. You can't use the LAN ports as a WAN, they are not configured for that.

2. Netgear RangeMax routers are nice

3. If you have lag with a direct modem connection to the PC, adding another device will just make it worse than anything. Do a bandwidth test from www.dslreports.com or another site like that, see what your speeds and ping times are.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS