Sapphire Vapor-X 7770 problem

csx121

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
About a week ago I went to build my new PC stuff and when I went to turn the PC on everything powered on but the graphics card. At first I thought it was dead but then I noticed when I went to mount the motherboard that the metal plate on the left side that connects the PCB to the cooler was preventing the card from being fully pushed in. I'm assuming this is the issue because when I took my PC out of the case to test it with it without the back of the case being in the way, everything worked perfectly. (and when I went to put it back in the case the same as before happened, everything powered on but the graphics card and there was no display)

Pic I took to show the problem
http://i.imgur.com/TX2WoBx.jpg

You can see the plate thing on the left being fully pressed up and the PCIe lane connector on the left side is sticking out.

Now, what am I supposed to do about this? Anything I should try?

Thanks.

Also, full specs:
ASRock 970 Extreme3
AMD FX 4100
Sapphire 7770 Vapor-X
Corsair CX500
CM HAF 912

csx121

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

There's only one way to mount the motherboard so can you please explain what you mean more? There's only one option for the motherboard screw holes and it aligns perfectly with the back case slots it's just the graphics card can't be pushed all the way in on the left side. The only solution I can make sense with is that the motherboard is pushed in too far but I don't understand how that is a building process error as all I made sure I put the screws in loosely.