Help! No sound capture w/ ATI AIW 7500!!!

Hello.
I could really use anyone's help. I have a ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 as my video card, with a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum as my sound card. I cannot capture any sound at all.

-With TV on Demand (kind of like Tivo), I pause it, and the video stops -- but the sound keeps going without being paused. And although I've checked a hundred times and it seems to connected correctly, it's almost as though the software from ATI doesn't recognize my sound card, because I can't mute it from the ATI software either.
-With composite capture (or TV capture as well), I don't capture any sound period when I play back the file.

The two are connected internally from the CD OUT port on my ATI, to the AUX IN port on my Audigy card. When I mute the AUX port on my sound controls, it mutes the TV sound, so I quite sure the connections are fine. I have the TV settings set to receive from the right port, but for some reason I can't record any sound. It's driving me crazy!! I've been working on this for a while now, and I've even called ATI, to no avail.
I'd appreciate any help you could give.
Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about help sound capture 7500
  1. Quote:
    And although I've checked a hundred times and it seems to connected correctly, it's almost as though the software from ATI doesn't recognize my sound card, because I can't mute it from the ATI software either.
    -With composite capture (or TV capture as well), I don't capture any sound period when I play back the file.

i have already had this problem.

its your sound mixing table which is corrupted.

reinstall.

if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<i><font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>
  2. I've seen this too - it does require a re-install. In one case I even had to nuke and rebuild the entire system.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.
  3. nuke your system ? lol

if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<i><font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>
  4. ya know - wipe it out - I've heard this called the Hiroshima approach, but that is a little tastless, no?

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.
  5. yo yep rofl

6. i beleive i have already had this problem.

i think its his sound mixing table which is corrupted.

i suggest him he should reinstall it.

<i>Mao Sui recommanding himsel
    - Chinese Idiom -</i>

7. Ok, right thread, I have the same problem:

I can play CDs DVDs TV even Vhs and Audio tape. I can even capture video digitally but I can't capture sound.
    Everyone but me seems to know what to do. Can someone tell me WHAT to "re-install"?

What and where the h*ll is a "sound mixing table"?

I just downloaded the latest Audigy Platinum driver (for XP in my case)--no change.
    Next, I downloaded the latest Radeon 8500 driver--that was much worse as the TV program stopped working altogether. After dinner, and a beer, I uninstalled the new driver and so I'm back to the original problem of not being able to capture sound.
    Any help would be appreciated--I've been at this for a while.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by justahack on 01/23/03 08:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  8. If I'm using this forum wrong someone speak up.

1st - I read through the old threads to see if someone else had already asked about the problem I am facing--they had.
    Unfortuneately, I can't decifer the answer "reinstall". So, I try randomnly "reinstalling" things--not great.

2nd - I posted to the board to get some advice and though this thread has recieved several hits no one has replied.

3rd - I'm trying to contact the members who responded to the original post by using the "private message" feature--no reply yet.

4th - I am annoying everyone with this repeat post of my same old problem. -- sigh.

Should I have just posted a new thread? A different forum?
    Am I just SOL?

well, I gotta start somewhere
  9. Double click on the Windows volume control. This should bring up the playback panel. Click on Options and then Properties. Select Recording. Make sure Line or Line-in is selected as a recording input. When you click OK you will be brought to the Wave Input Panel instead of the Playback Panel. The Wave Input Panel controls RECORD levels. You might need to play with these levels. Too low and you will get no sound in your recordings. Too high and volume on your recordings will be too high and possibly distorted.

Don't forget to connect audio-out cable from the AIW to the Line-in on the sound card. You should be set to go.

You might need to choose Line-in for recording from the ATI Media Player.

The above are the things you need to check with Windows 98SE (what I have). It might be a little different with other Windows.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>
  10. I've tried the following sources for sound output:
    line-out-1 (short sound-in jack in line-out-1 of audigy)
    line-out-2 (" " line-out-2 ")
    spdif-out (with an rca style spdif cable connected from the spdif-out of the radeon input/output adapter to the spdif-in on the front face of the audigy)
    Each with the appropriate box selected under the audigy "recording control" (and sometimes even silly alternatives) and various output levels.

I just don't seem to have any sound-out when recording video in any configuration. I've confirmed this by jacking the line-out-1 and line-out-2 directly into a audio recorder that has a signal meter--I get nada.

well, I gotta start somewhere
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV ATI Sound Cards Graphics