mp3 to MIDI

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

If I was looking for the best MP3 to MIDI software know to man... what would
it be ?

--
THANKS
RICK

More about midi
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:31:50 +0000, Rick wrote:

    > If I was looking for the best MP3 to MIDI software know to man... what would
    > it be ?

    Not going to happen....

    The two are completely different things. WAVs and MP3s contain an actual
    recording of sound or music, and MIDI(poly ringtones) is a musical
    description protocol or language, a bit like sheet music.

    Yes there are various programs attempting to do the above, but unless the
    recording is of a single instrument, say just a piano(no vocals). The
    resulting MIDIs are completely useless.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)