mp3 to MIDI

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 7, 2004 6:31:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

If I was looking for the best MP3 to MIDI software know to man... what would
it be ?

--
THANKS
RICK

More about : mp3 midi

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 10:37:12 PM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:31:50 +0000, Rick wrote:

> If I was looking for the best MP3 to MIDI software know to man... what would
> it be ?

Not going to happen....

The two are completely different things. WAVs and MP3s contain an actual
recording of sound or music, and MIDI(poly ringtones) is a musical
description protocol or language, a bit like sheet music.

Yes there are various programs attempting to do the above, but unless the
recording is of a single instrument, say just a piano(no vocals). The
resulting MIDIs are completely useless.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)