Will anyone here try to stay out of console specs by upgrading your PC

meowmix44

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I hate console and anything associated with them as they areoverrated so personally would you guys upgrade your graphics cards and other parts to stay from the range of next gen consoles? If so which graphics card are you upgrading to a Titan? :hello:

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
The ps4 looks pretty out dated already, the DDR5 ram aside (which doesn't really matter much in terms of game performance)

The console 'next gen' is really just this gen PC. Most folks on this site/forum might invest in a new gfx card in the next year, but thats it, your not going to need titan. A 580gtx will be all you need to play games at the same lvl as a ps4.

xl2aNd0m

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Actually the next gen consoles will push PC gaming by leaps and bounds its the best thing that could of happened. Now developers wont have to water down games as much. Don't get me wrong they won't be absolute rig melters either because new consoles have very real limits but they are much higher than the last gen.

Personally I'm waiting on the Nvidia 800 series (skipping the 700)

a titan, sure, why not? maybe 3 or 4....... hey, I'm so stupid I don't know I can build a complete machine for $750-$800 that can play anything smooth as butter at 1900 resolution at max settings. and for the cost of one of those cards smoothly in surround/eye-finity. this isn't one of the brightest questions I've seen this week. but the week isn't over yet. I'm sure an IT tech will want to know how to push the button to start his new machine.......... just sayin'..........

would you guys upgrade your graphics cards and other parts to stay from the range of next gen consoles?

Most people here have systems that make next gen consoles cry. As for myself? I don't have much spending money and my current config still works very well. (though I am not a stickler for getting say "ultra graphics" vs say "medium" when all that changes is how far you can see.

Though that PS4 unveiling didn't tell us much about the tech specs of the system. All it said is that it would be easier for lazy devs to be lazy and get away with it when it comes to porting. Which IMO isn't that great in my eyes.

Still using an Athlon 2 x3 + 6870 and I don't feel a need to upgrade yet. Though I might be a bit biased as I had been using a pentium 4 for a good while before getting the money to build my own rig.

I suppose the only time I feel I NEED to upgrade would be when I am forced to play games on a mix of medium/low settings.

I keep trying to think of games I can't put on highest quality settings and not have lag besides crysis and the witcher 2.

I am more focused on story lines in games than graphics, or just fun gameplay in general. Hence why I just bought a 3ds as JRPGs are a genre I find fun, and thats why I still have a copy of GTA:SA after all these years on my PC. Deleted GTA 4 though, didn't find that game fun, they took out to much of the fun things in SA

Also OP based on your views I take it you don't play VNs or read books? You are missing out man. Loads of good story lines in VNs.

I have a feeling this post is a bit long so I will sum it up. Gameplay/story > graphics