Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Weird artifcating issue with my 7850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2013 10:08:30 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Mg1X0ld.jpg

It's not in every game, but it's only in full screen games. If I launch something windowed, it works with no problems.

I've tried rolling back drivers and using beta drivers, to no avail.

I also just got my GPU back from MSI today, after RMAing it. My previous card had this same issue, as well as random crashing(which is what I actually RMA'd the card for, but I was hoping it would fix this too)

My framerates are fine in all the games that I play, as are my temps, so it doesn't have anything to do with overheating.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Intel 330 Series 180GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)

Thanks in advanced.

Best solution

February 22, 2013 2:47:36 AM

I had a similar problem with my old 6870 and it turns out it was a problem with my HDMI cord/possibly port. Try using a different cable and getting rid of any possible dust that is in the port.
April 10, 2013 4:37:02 PM

timnswede said:
I had a similar problem with my old 6870 and it turns out it was a problem with my HDMI cord/possibly port. Try using a different cable and getting rid of any possible dust that is in the port.

Thanks man. I had the wrong email address linked to this account... so it took me until recently to find out anyone had actually replied. I purchased an HDMI to mini display port adapter, as the HDMI port on the card was the issue. Everything is working great now. Thanks!
m
l
!