560ti Code 43 Problems

ajmads

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hi,

I just rma'd my first msi 560ti Hawk (hdmi out issue, they sent me a replacement). i got my new one, but its been acting up and not working at all.

I am pretty sure i installed everything correctly, i had an amd card so before i plugged in the 560 i removed the amd drivers. then i plugged in the card, both power plugs and i should've been set! first thing i noticed was the red LED lights were on. Then when i turned the computer on the res was low and there were small, horizontal white lines across my screen. I figured i just had to install the drivers and i'd be fine. So, i installed the drivers, rebooted, and the card was deactivated by windows. Device manager gave me this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

So, i tried unistalling the drivers, went into safe mode, and used driver sweeper on my drivers. Rebooted to the same white lines and tried reinstalling the drivers to the same problem.

I can only think of two things that could be wrong. either:
A) The card is shot, time to contact msi
or B) somehow the old, uninstalled amd drivers are messing with it

Now when i got my first 560ti hawk i had to switch from the same amd card and that went smoothly doing the same steps i did above, so i'm leaning toward MSI sent me a bad card. Does that happen? How do you send a customer a replacement card that doesn't work??

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

You can get sent a bad card. It's rare, but it can happen. It usually means that the card didn't have issues when it was sent, but complications arose in shipping (IE maybe the box was mishandled). It's also possible that remnants of old drivers are causing issues, but that usually doesn't cause a card to fail.

ajmads

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I'm using Windows 7 32 bit with a 500W PSU
Q6600 quad core cpu and a dell mobo, 0K068D.

I know the psu is good enough, its the same one i've been using with my hawk for 2 years.

I tried installing the newest nVidia driver and the one that came with my gpu cd, version 270.something.

also i switched back to my amd card for now, 4850, and that installed smoothly. no problems at all.

could any third party programs mess with the installation? Afterburner, displayFusion, nvidia inspector?

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Make sure to uninstall in safe mode and clean all registry with something like CCleaner or Tune Up Utilities (solves the problem for me when changing from AMD to NVIDIA)

Also, i had 3 560ti failed on me (it was ASUS made) so it's more common than you think and maybe the card get damaged in shipping...

ajmads

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
So I am assuming that the card is shot. I tried everything this weekend and I got it to work once, but after five minutes the screen got artifacts like crazy and just shut off. I will just get in contact with msi and send it back. Thanks bthe help guys! Crysis 3 will have too wait!

TRENDING THREADS