MN-620 kit or MN-500 base station management tool

I am attempting to set up a home network using a MN-500
base station on my desktop pc with a dial up internet
connection. I installed and re-installed the software and
hardware per user's guide page 23 "set up base station as
a wireless access point only".
I can not access the "Base Station Management Tool" in
the tools area of the utility. It is visible but grayed
out, therefore I can't configure my settings.

When istalling the notebook adapter and software on the
laptop the Base Station Management Tool is available.
Any thoughts??
3 answers Last reply
More about base station management tool

    Hi,

    Try accessing the Base Station Management tool by opening up your Internet
    Explorer and in the address bar type in
    http://192.168.2.1/

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am attempting to set up a home network using a MN-500
    > base station on my desktop pc with a dial up internet
    > connection. I installed and re-installed the software and
    > hardware per user's guide page 23 "set up base station as
    > a wireless access point only".
    > I can not access the "Base Station Management Tool" in
    > the tools area of the utility. It is visible but grayed
    > out, therefore I can't configure my settings.
    >
    > When istalling the notebook adapter and software on the
    > laptop the Base Station Management Tool is available.
    > Any thoughts??

    Tried that several times, says page not found.

    Hi,

    Check to see if there are any proxy information on your Internet
    Explorer that might be blocking your access.
    Check your Proxy info by doing the following
    Open up your Internet Explorer, then click on Tools then Internet Options.
    Now click on the Connections tab, and then click on the LAN settings button
    then uncheck all the checkmarks in that window and then hit OK and then OK
    again. Then in the address bar type in http://192.168.2.1/ and see if you
    get the Base Station Management Tool screen.

    --

    > Tried that several times, says page not found.

Routers Hardware Management Networking