Info Needed: AKG D110 Bass Drum Dynamic Microphone

I recently purchased a AKG D110 Bass Drum mic off eBay. It did not
include any type of literature or documentation. I went to the AKG
website and according to it, the mic didn't exist. So, does anyone
have or know where I can find any type of literature or documentation
on this mic??
-Luther
5 answers Last reply
More about info needed d110 bass drum dynamic microphone

    On 14 Oct 2004 11:18:49 -0700, freakoftheweek0000@hotmail.com (Luther
    Bell) wrote:

    >I recently purchased a AKG D110 Bass Drum mic off eBay. It did not
    >include any type of literature or documentation. I went to the AKG
    >website and according to it, the mic didn't exist. So, does anyone
    >have or know where I can find any type of literature or documentation
    >on this mic??

    http://www.kellyindustries.com/microphones/akg_d110.html

    It's a cheapo alternative to the D112.

    1. Plug it in.
    2. Put it near a bass drum.
    3. er...that's it.

    Unless you want any specific data on it (sensitivity/impedance) then just
    plug it in and play with the channel eq and other settings til u get a nice
    sound (remember not to have any filters on the channel)

    Rob

    Luther Bell wrote:

    > I recently purchased a AKG D110 Bass Drum mic off eBay. It
    > did not include any type of literature or documentation.
    > I went to the AKG website and according to it, the mic didn't
    > exist.

    Ah, that is because it is yet another website that in its design assume
    that people will stop using a contraption on the very day manufacturing
    ceases and instantly purchase something newer.

    > So, does anyone have or know where I can find any type of
    > literature or documentation on this mic??

    Use "AKG D110 Bass Drum mic" (with or without quotes) as search term on
    msnsearch and google.

    > -Luther

    Kind regards

    Peter Larsen

    "Peter Larsen" <SPAMSHIELD_plarsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
    > Luther Bell wrote:
    >
    >> I recently purchased a AKG D110 Bass Drum mic off eBay. It
    >> did not include any type of literature or documentation.
    >> I went to the AKG website and according to it, the mic didn't
    >> exist.
    >
    > Ah, that is because it is yet another website that in its design assume
    > that people will stop using a contraption on the very day manufacturing
    > ceases and instantly purchase something newer.

    No it isn't.

    geoff

    Geoff Wood wrote:

    > "Peter Larsen" <SPAMSHIELD_plarsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

    > > Luther Bell wrote:

    > >> I recently purchased a AKG D110 Bass Drum mic off eBay. It
    > >> did not include any type of literature or documentation.
    > >> I went to the AKG website and according to it, the mic didn't
    > >> exist.

    > > Ah, that is because it is yet another website that in its design assume
    > > that people will stop using a contraption on the very day manufacturing
    > > ceases and instantly purchase something newer.

    > No it isn't.

    I was indeed wrong. Product info on the D110 is at:

    http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,15,id,566,pid,566,_language,EN.html

    and was easily found via the search box on the site entrance.

    > geoff

    Kind regards

    Peter Larsen

Microphone Audio