Need an outside opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbright

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hello,
I am currently running an EVGA GTX 560ti 2gb 256-bit graphics card and I am wanting to upgrade to a 600 series card. The two cards I have my sights on are the MSI 660ti PE/OC and the MSI 670ti PE/OC. My question is which is better for a 1900x1200 monitor? Also, is there really any difference between the 660's 192 bit memory and the 670's 256 bit memory?

-Thanks

P.S. I am also leaning towards dual monitors later on down the road.

Solution
Well you gain two things with the 670 you gain the memory bit which to my understanding means that your card is able to send more pipelines of pixels to your monitor so a lower amount wouldn't be nearly as strong on a 1200p monitor. Also you have more ROP which means Render Output Unit. You have 24 with the 660Ti and 32 with the 670. So it really comes down to what you are willing to pay and what games you are playing.
Well you gain two things with the 670 you gain the memory bit which to my understanding means that your card is able to send more pipelines of pixels to your monitor so a lower amount wouldn't be nearly as strong on a 1200p monitor. Also you have more ROP which means Render Output Unit. You have 24 with the 660Ti and 32 with the 670. So it really comes down to what you are willing to pay and what games you are playing.

Solution

vbright

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Thanks for the reply, I did a bit of research and found some information on the on a possible bottleneck in performance. I went ahead and bought the 670ti from MSi.

-Thanks again for the input, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.