Hard Drives - Power Supplies

G

Got my new WD120GB special edition in to help with the HD space issue, and then a few days after my IBM 60GXP started the click of death, so now I'm ordering a new WD120. But I realized my power supply is only 250watts. I will at best be running a Plextor cdrw, creative dvd, 2 WD 120gb's, IBM 60GXP, IBM 37GXP, and 2 HD bay coolers. Should I look into a new power supply to handle everything or should I be ok? The other thing I noticed is that I am out of power connectors, that would be an issue or can I get splitters? As a note, I am currently running just 3 HDs, cdrws, and the floppy (and motherboard too!), and I would be adding another WD120 and 2 bay coolers for the WD's. And no, I am not a server or anything, I just have a real uhm, big collection of stuff :)

Thanks for the response in advance,

-hoka hoka!

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I would get a better bigger PSU. I like Enermax. I have a 300watt and it has about ten molex connectors on it. They aren't to badly priced either and can be found in a lot of stores.

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>