Help me choose a better graphics card

Which card is better in performance and value?
Is it msi R5830 twin frozr ii 1gb or sapphire radeon hd 6850 1gb ??
I want to upgrade my graphics card from R5830 to 6850, please help.
10 answers Last reply
More about help choose graphics card
  1. If you currently have 5830, upgrading to 6850 will not be worth in my opinion.
    What is your budget ?
  2. hitesh12 said:
    If you currently have 5830, upgrading to 6850 will not be worth in my opinion.
    What is your budget ?

At the moment, budget is not my problem. However i'd love to save money if possible :D
  3. Speaking of which how much performance difference do these cards have? 50% ?? o.O
  4. 7850 or 7870 would be a nice upgrade
  5. asiarules said:
    Speaking of which how much performance difference do these cards have? 50% ?? o.O

50%?
    No not at all
    It would be good if you can mention your budget.
    Anyway, 7850 is very value for money and is a very nice upgrade (as mikem suggested)
  6. 7979 and your set :)
    Best value for money.
  7. Alright that's fine but i want to know how much performance difference will i be getting or i'd see if i opt for this card?
  8. I did comparison today between MSI R5830 1gb ddr5 and Sapphire AMD radeon hd 6850 1gb ddr5

Now here's the deal, i tried the evaluation test on two games. 1st it was risen 2 on ultra settings and 2nd was skyrim ultra settings.

Now here's the funny thing. we all know that 5830 is a weaker card. However it performed well in rendering graphics lightening and details and on the other hand i felt 6850 was able to push more to framerates and had more frames per second, but to eyecandy lovers i found MSI R5830 beats 6850 easily. 6850's lightening(sunlight) was kinda lame but R5830 was fully bright and looked lively.

Now what i don't understand is why the hell it is like that? why? o.O

OS win xp sp3
    4gb ram ddr 3 1333z
    amd fx 4100 3.6(stock)
  9. I guess i am seeing things, maybe 6850 is slightly better :D
  10. I just restarted my system and tried playing these games once again. it was my bad after installing its drivers i hadn't restarted it my bad. now its performing pretty good. earlier with 5830 i was getting 30-50 fps on ultra settings now i am getting 60-94fps avg. and lightening has improved a lot after i restarted my system. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Sapphire Graphics