TIVO to go and MAC OSx

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
March 6, 2005 6:47:44 PM

Does anyone know how to play back Tivo to go files on a MAC. I
download the programs from my TIVO to my desktop PC. Then I file
transfer them to my MAC iBook G4. The problem is I cant play them
back. I use windows media player for MAC and it doesnt work.

Any suggestions.

More about : tivo mac osx

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 7:10:24 PM

In article <2005030615474475249%NoahBody@invisiblenet>, Noah Body wrote:
> Does anyone know how to play back Tivo to go files on a MAC. I
> download the programs from my TIVO to my desktop PC. Then I file
> transfer them to my MAC iBook G4. The problem is I cant play them
> back. I use windows media player for MAC and it doesnt work.
>
> Any suggestions.

You could try the GraphEdit method that has been mentioned here
extensively to convert from .tivo to .mpg while still on the PC.

Jim

Don't feed the Comcast rumpswab
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:15:14 AM

On 2005-03-06 17:10:24 -0500, Spider Dawg <Spidergawdnospam@Comcast.net> said:

> In article <2005030615474475249%NoahBody@invisiblenet>, Noah Body wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to play back Tivo to go files on a MAC. I
>> download the programs from my TIVO to my desktop PC. Then I file
>> transfer them to my MAC iBook G4. The problem is I cant play them
>> back. I use windows media player for MAC and it doesnt work.
>>
>> Any suggestions.
>
> You could try the GraphEdit method that has been mentioned here
> extensively to convert from .tivo to .mpg while still on the PC.
>
> Jim
>
> Don't feed the Comcast rumpswab

have you tried it or has anyone been able to get it to work successfully
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:40:48 AM

In article <2005042320151416807%NoahBody@invisiblenet>, Noah Body wrote:
> On 2005-03-06 17:10:24 -0500, Spider Dawg <Spidergawdnospam@Comcast.net> said:
>
>> In article <2005030615474475249%NoahBody@invisiblenet>, Noah Body wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to play back Tivo to go files on a MAC. I
>>> download the programs from my TIVO to my desktop PC. Then I file
>>> transfer them to my MAC iBook G4. The problem is I cant play them
>>> back. I use windows media player for MAC and it doesnt work.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions.
>>
>> You could try the GraphEdit method that has been mentioned here
>> extensively to convert from .tivo to .mpg while still on the PC.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> Don't feed the Comcast rumpswab
>
> have you tried it or has anyone been able to get it to work successfully

I don't own a Mac but FWIW .mpg files play just fine in Linux. Including
those created in Windows using the method I suggested above.

Jim
!