Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Tax Return Build: GTX 670 FTW+ or GTW 680 Sig2?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 22, 2013 11:23:27 AM

I just found out last night that I'm getting a nice chunk in tax returns. I've been looking at doing a $1600 build, and I'm stuck on the GPU.. I'm still unsure which GPU I want. Both the 670 FTW+ and 680 Sig2 are $470-$480 on NewEgg. I currently have one ASUS VS238H-P monitor, but might expand to 3 monitors towards the end of the year. I know the 4GB in the FTW+ would benefit me for that reason, but since I only have one, should I just get the 680? I don't plan on playing on anything bigger than 1920x1080, do not see why I would need anything bigger ATM. If you think I'm making the wrong choice of GPU, please let me know your thoughts. Come next year, I'll probably buy a second of whichever card to run SLI also.
February 22, 2013 11:55:37 AM

niether. thre are cheaper options out there that will run cooler.

also, 4gb 670s/680s cant realy make full use of the double vram. if you want multi-monitor, get amd

post this again in the new build section. others will sort out the rest of the components for you
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 11:58:14 AM

TheBigTroll said:
niether. thre are cheaper options out there that will run cooler.

also, 4gb 670s/680s cant realy make full use of the double vram. if you want multi-monitor, get amd

post this again in the new build section. others will sort out the rest of the components for you


I know I will get better performance from an AMD card, but I've been glued to Nvidia almost my whole life. Which GTX card do you recommend? Been looking at the FTW Sig2 also. I don't know how well I'd like tri-monitor gaming, but I use my laptop with an external monitor just for multitasking.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 22, 2013 12:22:45 PM

bishopi5 said:
680 dude


why and which one?
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 10:45:39 PM

Atollhouse said:
I know I will get better performance from an AMD card, but I've been glued to Nvidia almost my whole life. Which GTX card do you recommend? Been looking at the FTW Sig2 also. I don't know how well I'd like tri-monitor gaming, but I use my laptop with an external monitor just for multitasking.


your laptop cannot serve as a external display if it doesnt have inputs. most laptops cant.

this is my go to gtx 670. 680s perform only 3-5 fps at the most. why waste the extra 100 dollars
http://www.microcenter.com/product/402989/N670_PE_2GD5-...
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 11:00:34 PM

TheBigTroll said:
your laptop cannot serve as a external display if it doesnt have inputs. most laptops cant.

this is my go to gtx 670. 680s perform only 3-5 fps at the most. why waste the extra 100 dollars
http://www.microcenter.com/product/402989/N670_PE_2GD5-...


"with an external" not "as an external"
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 11:01:50 PM

your laptop monitor most likely wont work as a display for a desktop. thats what im trying to get at
m
0
l
!