Wireless network - 1 card works other doesnt

Using base station with 128 b security. PC 1 has
wireless adapter and sees router - no problem (using it
now).
PC 2 has wireless adapter - sees network (SSID shows in
pick list), I enter the security code but it does not
connect?
Have run wizards, tried manual config, etc.
Any options - I'm confused since it sees the network but
doesn't seem to be able to join.
thanks for any help
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network card works doesnt

    Hi,

    Does your Base Station have MAC Filtering enabled?

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "WTG" <wtg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using base station with 128 b security. PC 1 has
    > wireless adapter and sees router - no problem (using it
    > now).
    > PC 2 has wireless adapter - sees network (SSID shows in
    > pick list), I enter the security code but it does not
    > connect?
    > Have run wizards, tried manual config, etc.
    > Any options - I'm confused since it sees the network but
    > doesn't seem to be able to join.
    > thanks for any help

    No. MAC filtering is not enabled. Did not put in #'s -
    using 700 base station & 730 adapter.
    Another variable - using a brand new Dell 8300. Friend
    mentioned similar problems with new Dell's and IRQ setting
    for the PCI slot. Says it would not work unless Dell
    provided the wireless card. He put in a USB card and this
    worked. I will test this theory but seems like a big
    failure on Dell's part if it proves true.

Routers Wireless Network Wireless Adapter Networking