i/o, memory adress conflicts in XP

G

I got some i/o and memory adress conflicts
How can i change those
In device manager i cant disable the option take automatic settings.
And now another problem
When i run this demo http://www.crytek.com/hp/xisd.htm or a quake demo the demo just crashed!
My CPU temp is 40C

System
1700+
GBT7DXR
2x 256MB 266Mhz
ibm 40 gb
GF3 Creative 64mb Ti2
Soundblaster live
2 NIC'S
OS Windows XP Proff

I hope some one can help me with these problems so fare noone had any id :(

Greetzz

Cipher

Chamrajnagar

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Which devices have conflicts? The NIC cards?

With ACPI enabled on your system, you can't manually change the IRQ addresses. Which normally means the best way to resolve the conflicts is to move the conflicting devices to different PCI slots.

If it is absolutely necessary to have manual access to the IRQs, you must make some changes in your BIOS, and reload your operating system (for stability). This is because you must choose a Standard HAL during the installation, instead of an ACPI HAL; these enumerate hardware differently, and the copy of the hardware tree is stored differently for each.

If you are having conflicts or problems with the video card, leave PCI slot one open.

For the BIOS, turn on Plug and Play, disable ACPI (sometimes listed as ICPI), and enable APM power management. Reload the operating system, and during the first part of the installation, at the "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration screen", press the F5 key. Choose Standard PC as the HAL.

This should allow you manual control over the IRQ addresses.

Not reloading the operating system, and switching the type of HAL in the Device Manager or the BIOS could result in a BSOD, such as 0x00000079 (0x00000004, 0x0000AC31, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)!

Chamra

G

I/O-poort AMD-761-processor naar AGP-controller
I/O-poort NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

Geheugenadres AMD-761-processor naar AGP-controller
Geheugenadres NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

I/O-poort AMD-761-processor naar AGP-controller
I/O-poort NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

I also tryed moving the cards around that way i solve 3 irq conflicts but the i/o and memory conflics didnt go
And PCI Slot 1 is open
Thx for your reply i will try it as soon as i get back from work

Greetzz

Cipher

10Mhz8086

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
You dont have any conflicts, what you are looking at is sharing of resources. If you look at it, it will say "Conflicts/Sharing". Its nothing to be alarmed about if your PC is working fine.

<i>"The FAA issued a wind sheer warning for my PC, I think I may have one to many fans in it..."</i>

G

ic but why does the a demo/game just crash ive tryed reinstalling but it just keeps crashing first crash is around 1 hour then they crash around every 10 to 30 mins
Can it be that the GF3 is getting to hot?
anyway in windows i dont have any problems but when the computer needs to use alot of cpu memory and vga it just hangs the demo/game up.
I havent had this problem b4 the problem acurt after i bought i new mobo,cpu,memory,vga. i tested the memory and that is oke but how can i test a mobo cpu and vga card?

Greetzzz
Cipher

10Mhz8086

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Could be that its getting to hot, I have a GF3 and I can overclock it to 250/375 but only for a couple of hours. It would start to act weird and then it would finally go blank.

What drivers are you using for your GF3?

<i>"The FAA issued a wind sheer warning for my PC, I think I may have one to many fans in it..."</i>

It definately sounds like a cooling issue... how many fans are you running inside the case besides the one on the CPU, vid card and power supply? With an Athlon system I usually recommend one extra exhaust fan as well as an intake fan in the front. Try to tie your cabling away as neatly as possible to optimize the airflow. Don't run with the case open, as proper airflow will not occur.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

G

ive got no extra cooling
i dont think it a cooling problem because
example when qukae freezes i get a message that nvoglnt.dll caused a problem and thats a driverfile for opengl
i used a lot of nvidia drivers from 21.83 to the latest but i still keep getting this message

Greetzz
Cipher