Titan Or...?

Ender1312

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hey all, new to the community and forum posting in general but i will keep the situation as brief as possible. I am looking to upgrade from my current gpu, Radeon 5870, (yea i know, way behind). I tried eyefinity a while back and am getting back into. Specifically, i want to game at 5760X1200 or 3600X1920. I am looking for the best solution to do so with the best possible experience within the budget. I have been monitoring reviews of the Titan but the more and more i look at it, the more it is becoming unjustifiable for the money. I am specifically looking at an Nvidia solution as i want to be prepared for project shield (i am a bit of a new tech guru). SLI is an option but i have a few concerns and questions that i will list.

1. Dual GPU solutions can cause microstuttering. I Have been contemplating a 690 or dual 680s/670s but i am concerned with this being a factor. How much of a factor is it nowadays? I crossfired 5870s back in the day but never looked too much into it.

2. Should i be aiming for a solution over 2gb of usable VRAM? I know titan might be overkill right now, but if i wanted to SLI them in the future(if they will even be available), would having that 6gb cusion be ideal?

3. A little concerned about upgradability. I would like this solution to last another 3 or so years. Getting the 690 or dual 680/670s would not leave room to upgrade whereas the titan would (Another reason i am still on the fence).

4. Should i just wait for the 700 series? Been itching for this upgrade for 2 months now waiting for the titan.

Turned out to be a longer post than i expected, sorry about that. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :)

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

1. Mircrostuttering is almost gone nowadays (YEEY! :D), while the games aren't patch an all that there might be but it is almost non-existent and goes away after patching :D

2. For that Res... I would get 2x GTX 680 with 4GB! no doubt but 3GB is OK, 6GB is overkill xD

3. The cards I said (depending on how good new consoles are) will last atleast 3 years kicking :)

4. The 700 series is probably only coming Setember/October, you might not want to wait :)