Why cant i hook up my laptop to my panasonic flat screen

pk7677

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
Hello,
i have a sony vaio laptop that i am trying to hook up to my panasonic flat screen. i am using a vgi to hdmi converter. no sucess. when i hook it up to another 27 in moniter, it works fine, when i hook to the tv, it says no input? wha tis wrong. i have tried using win 7 and wins8, no luck. tried switching screens , no luck, tried jogging fnf7, no luck.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
VGA to HDMI converter? Hooo, boy... %)

Alright, here's the thing man: it works only from PC to PC.
Meaning, converters like that one you have there work only from a PC monitor to another PC monitor.
If you try using that to convert signal and output it to TV, it won't work. The only way how you can transfer that signal to HD TV is by direct connection with a "HDMI-to-HDMI" cable (HDMI into your GPU/Motherboard, on one side, and HDMI input on TV, on the other side). This is the only way. You can't use any "converters" for TVs. At least not for now, not these days.
Especially you can't do that if you have laptop and not a desktop PC. You can connect another PC monitor to laptop just fine, but you can't do that with TV screens.
You can try hubs like video recorders (Avira's stuff, maybe), but even then I highly doubt that you'll be able to connect it to laptop AND TV at the same time (it's usually one or another).