JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE - CNET 2004 Aw..

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!

CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157-2.html?tag=tab

The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.

On sale at...
http://www.millenniumsystems.com
http://www.suntzu.com
5 answers Last reply
More about jawbone headsets nokia phones sale cnet 2004
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    I don't get it. Why is it cool?

    "Sun Tzu" <sun_tzu@ureach.com> wrote in message
    > JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!
    >
    > CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157-2.html?tag=tab
    >
    > The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.
    >
    > On sale at...
    > http://www.millenniumsystems.com
    > http://www.suntzu.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:14:59 -0800, Sun Tzu wrote:

    > JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!
    >
    > CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157-2.html?tag=tab
    >
    > The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.
    >
    > On sale at...
    > http://www.millenniumsystems.com
    > http://www.suntzu.com

    What's so special about this headset over any other ? Plus $140 is a
    hell of a lot of money for a wired headset, you can get Bluetooth
    *wireless* headsets for much less.

    ..... and it looks skank.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    Julie & Michael,

    Thank you both for your comments. I took the time to write this
    follow up e-mail which I hope can answer some of the questions you may
    have about JAWBONE.

    WHY IS JAWBONE COOL?

    JAWBONE contains "military-grade technology" and is therefore superior
    to other mobile phone headsets on the market. After conducting
    research for Darpa, the U.S. Defense Department's research arm,
    JAWBONE's designer (AliphCom) found ways for combat soldiers to
    communicate clearly with one another. They developed a technology to
    erase the background noise surrounding the wearer so that the person
    on the other line hears only the conversation. And while the wearer
    would still hear the background noise, the headset automatically
    raises the voice volume for both parties, eliminating the need for
    either to yell.

    How does JAWBONE's technology work? A sensor in the unit detects
    vibrations in the cheeks during speech. Two microphones identify the
    background noise and eliminate it. The Jawbone then turns up the
    volume on the conversation.

    A $140 IS A HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY FOR A WIRED HEADSET. YOU CAN GET
    BLUETOOTH "WIRELESS" HEADSET FOR MUCH LESS.

    Agreed. But if you want to "HEAR and BE HEARD" over your cell phone
    in a noise filled environment, JAWBONE is your ONLY solution. The
    difference between your average $30-$40 headset and JAWBONE is the
    same difference as between a Pinto and a Mercedes. Both can drive on
    the highway...but the latter offers greater performance and luxuries.
    As I stated before, there is simply no other headset on the market
    that offers this kinda of sound quality.

    Also, it should be mentioned that Jawbone is made of "military grade"
    plastics. In test trials, the wires were bent and folded over 5,000
    times and the product still worked flawlessly. Needless to say, this
    is a very rugged headset, not a disposable one like your average
    $30-$40 dollar headset. JAWBONE gives you a good return on investment
    and it will last you a very long time.

    Regarding price...in our first round of marketing, we targeted
    corporate power users with spending power that also demanded sound
    performance in noisy situations - wall street executives, floor
    traders on the exchange, and stock brokers who needed to yell orders
    on the noisy city street when they received urgent margin calls. Next
    we sold to emergency workers: EMT's, policemen, firemen, etc. The
    product was an overwhelming success and we found that few balked at
    the price when they realized what they received in terms of crucial
    performance. We also found that for every Jawbone we sold, there was
    a bevy of common end-users/consumers who also wanted one as well. It
    sleek design and clarity is an apparent must have for the cell phone
    junkie and gadget power user. Thus we are focusing our efforts to
    meet common consumer demand and thus we posted to this newsgroup to
    increase product/public awareness.

    You can "HEAR and BE HEARD" on the dance floor of a raucous night
    club, at blaring rock concerts and baseball games (I was at the World
    Series talking to my brother/collecting my bet admist a screaming
    crowd when the Sox won!), on noisy city streets, in your car with the
    windows rolled down and music blaring, or my personal fav...on your
    motorcyle! But I've stopped doing this since being warned that it's
    illegal. :(

    IT LOOKS SKANK?

    Thats your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. But you
    should know that JAWBONE has won wide acclaim for its elegant, sleek
    design. So much so that it was recently featured at an exhibition at
    the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Its frame architechture was
    designed by acclaimed industrial designer Yves BÈhar, IDSA, of San
    Francisco's fuseproject. It was also the winner of a 2004 IDEA Award.
    You can read about Yves Béhar at:

    http://www.sfmoma.org/exhibitions/exhib_detail.asp?id=156.

    In my opinion, this is a truly wonderful invention and our company
    would not feature the product if we didn't believe in it whole
    heartedly. Nor would we put our reputation at risk with our clients
    and customers. I invite anyone curious about JAWBONE to check out the
    demos at our company website:

    http://www.millenniumsystems.com/demo.htm
    http://www.millenniumsystems.com/media/jawbone_launch.rm

    For interested buyers, you can order JAWBONE also via our website:

    http://www.millenniumsystems.com/buy.htm

    We are currently running a special promotion till December 6, 2004
    which knocks $10.00 off the list price. Also, for your assuredness,
    Jawbone comes with a no risk, 30-day money back guarantee as well as a
    one (1) year product warranty.

    Ok, I hope this answered some of your questions. If you have any
    further inquiries, kindly send us an e-mail to the address found on
    our company website. We take pride in quality customer service and
    support, so ask away! We will be happy to assist you. Ok, thank you
    for your time.

    Happy Holidays.

    Christopher
    Millennium Systems, LLC

    JAWBONE INFO: www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm
    JAWBONE DEMO: www.millenniumsystems.com/demo.htm
    JAWBONE DEMO VIDEO: www.millenniumsystems.com/media/demo_real.rm
    BUY JAWBONE: www.millenniumsystems.com/buy.htm

    JAWBONE REVIEWS:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157.html
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1728747,00.as
    http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,64963,00.html
    http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2004/09/12/ap1540675.html
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,,1728341,00.asp
    http://davesipaq.com/news/003831/jawbone_headset

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.11.28.18.30.19.735000@grfpb.arg>...
    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:14:59 -0800, Sun Tzu wrote:
    >
    > > JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!
    > >
    > > CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
    > > http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157-2.html?tag=tab
    > >
    > > The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.
    > >
    > > On sale at...
    > > http://www.millenniumsystems.com
    > > http://www.suntzu.com
    >
    > What's so special about this headset over any other ? Plus $140 is a
    > hell of a lot of money for a wired headset, you can get Bluetooth
    > *wireless* headsets for much less.
    >
    > .... and it looks skank.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    SusanW <millensys@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<n3p5r09mahvt3vbpp8nkd76o1ogpjlbiqh@4ax.com>...
    > Here's a list of accolades JAWBONE received from some major
    > publications. Many of them were given less than a month ago (just
    > last week in fact). Hopefully it will answer many of your questions
    > as well as inform skeptics.
    >
    > Happy Holidays,
    >
    > Chris :)
    > www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm
    >
    > 12/04/2004 ? Business Week Online, "Best Products of 2004" Photo
    > Essay
    > http://businessweek.com/magazine/toc/04_50/B3912magazine.htm
    >
    > 12/01/2004 ? Fortune.com, "Best Products of the Year: Electronics"
    > http://www.fortune.com/fortune/photoessay/0,18467,785749-7,00.html
    >
    > 11/22/2004 ? CNET, "Review: Aliph Jawbone Headset (Editor's Choice:
    > 8.6)"
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157-2.html?tag=tab
    >
    > 11/21/2004 ? Time Magazine (Subscription Required), "Coolest
    > Inventions 2004, Now Hear This"
    > http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/2004/inventions/hear.html
    >
    > 11/18/2004 ? PC Magazine, "Aliph Jawbone Review 4.5/5"
    > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,,1728341,00.asp
    >
    > 09/16/2004 ? Wired.com, "High Tech Hearing Bypasses Ears"
    > http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,64963,00.html
    >
    > 09/09/2004 ? Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required), "New
    > Cellphone Headset Cuts Background Noise, Improves Voice Clarity"
    > http://online.wsj.com/articles/personal_technology

    OK, I can accept that it does what it says on the box.

    My critisisms of it are about the way it's designed. With the Jawbone
    you *two* boxes, *two* cables, and it will only work with specific
    cell-phones, which must be specified at the time of order. What
    happens if the Jawbone owner wants to use it with more than one phone,
    or the owner changes cell-phones, say from a Motorola to a Nokia. Can
    it be adapted or does he/she have to buy a new Jawbone?

    It would be much better if there was a *Bluetooth* version available
    as well. It could still be done with a two box approach, and only one
    cable, e.g. SonyEricsson HBH-200, or even just a single Bluetooth
    headset version.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    >My critisisms of it are about the way it's designed. With the Jawbone
    >you *two* boxes, *two* cables, and it will only work with specific
    >cell-phones, which must be specified at the time of order.

    The reason for JAWBONE'S "two" box (headset & clip) approach is really
    for control - in the event an end-user wishes to turn off Jawbone and
    simply use the headset with no noise cancellation, she or he can do so
    by easily pressing the switch on the clip. There's no need to take it
    off. Just press the switch and JAWBONE'S noise cancelling technology
    is off. For a demonstration of this, I recommend you download and
    view the real time video and see how it works
    (http://www.millenniumsystems.com/media/jawbone_launch.rm). Its a
    pretty neat demo!

    Also, I've been using JAWBONE for 3 months now and find the headset &
    clip to be nonintrusive. The headset simply rests on your ear (and
    stays there), and the controller easily clips on to your shirt, belt,
    or waistband. Easy!

    >What happens if the Jawbone owner wants to use it with more than one phone,
    >or the owner changes cell-phones, say from a Motorola to a Nokia. Can
    >it be adapted or does he/she have to buy a new Jawbone?

    A fair scenario. But in our research, end users are three times more
    likely to switch headsets than cell phones. The headset market is
    considered a highly disposible one, with consumers currently switching
    earpieces an estimated 3 times a year MAINLY due to their fragile
    designs (bent wires, poor performance, bad design). Manufacterers
    know this and have manipulated the market, in effect, creating a $600
    million a year industry in selling disposible headsets to the
    consumer. The thinking in into JAWBONE was to eliminate this problem.
    To not only offer "military grade" technology to the end user, but
    also a higher return on investment. Thus Jawbone was designed with
    "military grade" plastics which are durable under extreme conditions
    (heat, cold, bending). I should also be mention that the product
    comes with a one (1) year warranty. Most manufacturer's offer at most
    30 day warranties on their headsets.

    The reason for JAWBONE'S compatibility with select Motorola, Nokia,
    Sony Ericsson phones is because it connects through the mobile phone's
    DATA PORT, not speaker port. JAWBONE goes above and beyond your
    average headset as it communicates directly with the phones internal
    processor to filter out external sounds and zero in on your voice.

    That being said, lets say you lose your current JAWBONE compatible
    phone and need to get a new one that works with the headset. Well,
    new and upcoming cell phones do carry the data port that is compatible
    with JAWBONE. Its basically the trend in the cell phone industry,
    similiar to they way USB ports were added to computers in favor over
    the old, crummy, inconvenient and slow Serial Port. Its basically out
    with the old, in with the new. So if you lose your current Jawbone
    compatible cell phone, don't fret...there is a wide array of JAWBONE
    compatible cell phones to choose from now, will be even more three
    months from now, and a heck of a lot more a year from now. As of this
    writing JAWBONE'S designers are currently negotiating with another
    major cell brand to make their mobile phones compatible with JAWBONE.
    Very cool.

    Also, we just added JAWBONE bundles to our website in case anyone
    wants to purchase "JAWBONE bundled with a Compatible Phone". We
    heavily discounted the phones to bring the price down and are
    continuously adding more mobile phones to meet demand. You can order
    them here...

    http://www.millenniumsystems.com/jbundles.htm

    >It would be much better if there was a *Bluetooth* version available
    >as well. It could still be done with a two box approach, and only one
    >cable, e.g. SonyEricsson HBH-200, or even just a single Bluetooth
    >headset version.

    I couldn't agree with you more. Its a small trade off till the JAWBONE
    technology is minaturized and compacted even further. As of right
    now, as far as "wired" headsets go, JAWBONE is the definite leader.
    Just over two months ago, it beat out Plantronics and Logitech at the
    DEMOMobile convention in La Jolla, Calif. You can read about it here:
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2004-09-15-baig_x.htm

    There is nothing else on the market that comes even close to its
    design, durability, performance, and noise canceling technology.

    Ok, I hope this answers your questions and explains some more about
    JAWBONE. Thank you for your time.

    Yours truly,

    Chris
    http://www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm

    To order Jawbone Bundles, visit:
    http://www.millenniumsystems.com/jbundles.htm

    On 5 Dec 2004 15:51:58 -0800, uriahheep2004@hotmail.co.uk (Uriah Heep)
    wrote:

    >SusanW <millensys@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<n3p5r09mahvt3vbpp8nkd76o1ogpjlbiqh@4ax.com>...
    >> Here's a list of accolades JAWBONE received from some major
    >> publications. Many of them were given less than a month ago (just
    >> last week in fact). Hopefully it will answer many of your questions
    >> as well as inform skeptics.
    >>
    >> Happy Holidays,
    >>
    >> Chris :)
    >> www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm
    >>
    >> 12/04/2004 ? Business Week Online, "Best Products of 2004" Photo
    >> Essay
    >> http://businessweek.com/magazine/toc/04_50/B3912magazine.htm
    >>
    >> 12/01/2004 ? Fortune.com, "Best Products of the Year: Electronics"
    >> http://www.fortune.com/fortune/photoessay/0,18467,785749-7,00.html
    >>
    >> 11/22/2004 ? CNET, "Review: Aliph Jawbone Headset (Editor's Choice:
    >> 8.6)"
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448_7-31206157-2.html?tag=tab
    >>
    >> 11/21/2004 ? Time Magazine (Subscription Required), "Coolest
    >> Inventions 2004, Now Hear This"
    >> http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/2004/inventions/hear.html
    >>
    >> 11/18/2004 ? PC Magazine, "Aliph Jawbone Review 4.5/5"
    >> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,,1728341,00.asp
    >>
    >> 09/16/2004 ? Wired.com, "High Tech Hearing Bypasses Ears"
    >> http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,64963,00.html
    >>
    >> 09/09/2004 ? Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required), "New
    >> Cellphone Headset Cuts Background Noise, Improves Voice Clarity"
    >> http://online.wsj.com/articles/personal_technology
    >
    >OK, I can accept that it does what it says on the box.
    >
    >My critisisms of it are about the way it's designed. With the Jawbone
    >you *two* boxes, *two* cables, and it will only work with specific
    >cell-phones, which must be specified at the time of order. What
    >happens if the Jawbone owner wants to use it with more than one phone,
    >or the owner changes cell-phones, say from a Motorola to a Nokia. Can
    >it be adapted or does he/she have to buy a new Jawbone?
    >
    >It would be much better if there was a *Bluetooth* version available
    >as well. It could still be done with a two box approach, and only one
    >cable, e.g. SonyEricsson HBH-200, or even just a single Bluetooth
    >headset version.

Nokia Ringtone Gaming Headsets Nokia Phones