JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE - CNET 2004 Aw..

Last response: in Brands
November 27, 2004 1:14:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!

CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448...

The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.

On sale at...
http://www.millenniumsystems.com
http://www.suntzu.com
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 12:50:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

I don't get it. Why is it cool?

"Sun Tzu" <sun_tzu@ureach.com> wrote in message
> JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!
>
> CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448...
>
> The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.
>
> On sale at...
> http://www.millenniumsystems.com
> http://www.suntzu.com
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 9:30:21 PM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:14:59 -0800, Sun Tzu wrote:

> JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!
>
> CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448...
>
> The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.
>
> On sale at...
> http://www.millenniumsystems.com
> http://www.suntzu.com

What's so special about this headset over any other ? Plus $140 is a
hell of a lot of money for a wired headset, you can get Bluetooth
*wireless* headsets for much less.

..... and it looks skank.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 4:31:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Julie & Michael,

Thank you both for your comments. I took the time to write this
follow up e-mail which I hope can answer some of the questions you may
have about JAWBONE.

WHY IS JAWBONE COOL?

JAWBONE contains "military-grade technology" and is therefore superior
to other mobile phone headsets on the market. After conducting
research for Darpa, the U.S. Defense Department's research arm,
JAWBONE's designer (AliphCom) found ways for combat soldiers to
communicate clearly with one another. They developed a technology to
erase the background noise surrounding the wearer so that the person
on the other line hears only the conversation. And while the wearer
would still hear the background noise, the headset automatically
raises the voice volume for both parties, eliminating the need for
either to yell.

How does JAWBONE's technology work? A sensor in the unit detects
vibrations in the cheeks during speech. Two microphones identify the
background noise and eliminate it. The Jawbone then turns up the
volume on the conversation.

A $140 IS A HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY FOR A WIRED HEADSET. YOU CAN GET
BLUETOOTH "WIRELESS" HEADSET FOR MUCH LESS.

Agreed. But if you want to "HEAR and BE HEARD" over your cell phone
in a noise filled environment, JAWBONE is your ONLY solution. The
difference between your average $30-$40 headset and JAWBONE is the
same difference as between a Pinto and a Mercedes. Both can drive on
the highway...but the latter offers greater performance and luxuries.
As I stated before, there is simply no other headset on the market
that offers this kinda of sound quality.

Also, it should be mentioned that Jawbone is made of "military grade"
plastics. In test trials, the wires were bent and folded over 5,000
times and the product still worked flawlessly. Needless to say, this
is a very rugged headset, not a disposable one like your average
$30-$40 dollar headset. JAWBONE gives you a good return on investment
and it will last you a very long time.

Regarding price...in our first round of marketing, we targeted
corporate power users with spending power that also demanded sound
performance in noisy situations - wall street executives, floor
traders on the exchange, and stock brokers who needed to yell orders
on the noisy city street when they received urgent margin calls. Next
we sold to emergency workers: EMT's, policemen, firemen, etc. The
product was an overwhelming success and we found that few balked at
the price when they realized what they received in terms of crucial
performance. We also found that for every Jawbone we sold, there was
a bevy of common end-users/consumers who also wanted one as well. It
sleek design and clarity is an apparent must have for the cell phone
junkie and gadget power user. Thus we are focusing our efforts to
meet common consumer demand and thus we posted to this newsgroup to
increase product/public awareness.

You can "HEAR and BE HEARD" on the dance floor of a raucous night
club, at blaring rock concerts and baseball games (I was at the World
Series talking to my brother/collecting my bet admist a screaming
crowd when the Sox won!), on noisy city streets, in your car with the
windows rolled down and music blaring, or my personal fav...on your
motorcyle! But I've stopped doing this since being warned that it's
illegal. :(

IT LOOKS SKANK?

Thats your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. But you
should know that JAWBONE has won wide acclaim for its elegant, sleek
design. So much so that it was recently featured at an exhibition at
the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Its frame architechture was
designed by acclaimed industrial designer Yves BÈhar, IDSA, of San
Francisco's fuseproject. It was also the winner of a 2004 IDEA Award.
You can read about Yves Béhar at:

http://www.sfmoma.org/exhibitions/exhib_detail.asp?id=1....

In my opinion, this is a truly wonderful invention and our company
would not feature the product if we didn't believe in it whole
heartedly. Nor would we put our reputation at risk with our clients
and customers. I invite anyone curious about JAWBONE to check out the
demos at our company website:

http://www.millenniumsystems.com/demo.htm
http://www.millenniumsystems.com/media/jawbone_launch.r...

For interested buyers, you can order JAWBONE also via our website:

http://www.millenniumsystems.com/buy.htm

We are currently running a special promotion till December 6, 2004
which knocks $10.00 off the list price. Also, for your assuredness,
Jawbone comes with a no risk, 30-day money back guarantee as well as a
one (1) year product warranty.

Ok, I hope this answered some of your questions. If you have any
further inquiries, kindly send us an e-mail to the address found on
our company website. We take pride in quality customer service and
support, so ask away! We will be happy to assist you. Ok, thank you
for your time.

Happy Holidays.

Christopher
Millennium Systems, LLC

JAWBONE INFO: www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm
JAWBONE DEMO: www.millenniumsystems.com/demo.htm
JAWBONE DEMO VIDEO: www.millenniumsystems.com/media/demo_real.rm
BUY JAWBONE: www.millenniumsystems.com/buy.htm

JAWBONE REVIEWS:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448...
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1728747,00.as
http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,64963,00.html
http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2004/09/12/ap154067...
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,,1728341,00.asp
http://davesipaq.com/news/003831/jawbone_headset

michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.11.28.18.30.19.735000@grfpb.arg>...
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:14:59 -0800, Sun Tzu wrote:
>
> > JAWBONE Headsets for Nokia Phones - ON SALE!
> >
> > CNET Editor's Choice Award (November 2004)
> > http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448...
> >
> > The Perfect Gift for the Urban Warrior. Military-tested. Civilian-ready.
> >
> > On sale at...
> > http://www.millenniumsystems.com
> > http://www.suntzu.com
>
> What's so special about this headset over any other ? Plus $140 is a
> hell of a lot of money for a wired headset, you can get Bluetooth
> *wireless* headsets for much less.
>
> .... and it looks skank.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 6:51:58 PM

SusanW <millensys@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<n3p5r09mahvt3vbpp8nkd76o1ogpjlbiqh@4ax.com>...
> Here's a list of accolades JAWBONE received from some major
> publications. Many of them were given less than a month ago (just
> last week in fact). Hopefully it will answer many of your questions
> as well as inform skeptics.
>
> Happy Holidays,
>
> Chris :)
> www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm
>
> 12/04/2004 ? Business Week Online, "Best Products of 2004" Photo
> Essay
> http://businessweek.com/magazine/toc/04_50/B3912magazin...
>
> 12/01/2004 ? Fortune.com, "Best Products of the Year: Electronics"
> http://www.fortune.com/fortune/photoessay/0,18467,78574...
>
> 11/22/2004 ? CNET, "Review: Aliph Jawbone Headset (Editor's Choice:
> 8.6)"
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Aliph_Jawbone_headset/4505-6448...
>
> 11/21/2004 ? Time Magazine (Subscription Required), "Coolest
> Inventions 2004, Now Hear This"
> http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/2004/inventions/hea...
>
> 11/18/2004 ? PC Magazine, "Aliph Jawbone Review 4.5/5"
> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,,1728341,00.asp
>
> 09/16/2004 ? Wired.com, "High Tech Hearing Bypasses Ears"
> http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,64963,00.html
>
> 09/09/2004 ? Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required), "New
> Cellphone Headset Cuts Background Noise, Improves Voice Clarity"
> http://online.wsj.com/articles/personal_technology

OK, I can accept that it does what it says on the box.

My critisisms of it are about the way it's designed. With the Jawbone
you *two* boxes, *two* cables, and it will only work with specific
cell-phones, which must be specified at the time of order. What
happens if the Jawbone owner wants to use it with more than one phone,
or the owner changes cell-phones, say from a Motorola to a Nokia. Can
it be adapted or does he/she have to buy a new Jawbone?

It would be much better if there was a *Bluetooth* version available
as well. It could still be done with a two box approach, and only one
cable, e.g. SonyEricsson HBH-200, or even just a single Bluetooth
headset version.
December 6, 2004 5:56:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

>My critisisms of it are about the way it's designed. With the Jawbone
>you *two* boxes, *two* cables, and it will only work with specific
>cell-phones, which must be specified at the time of order.

The reason for JAWBONE'S "two" box (headset & clip) approach is really
for control - in the event an end-user wishes to turn off Jawbone and
simply use the headset with no noise cancellation, she or he can do so
by easily pressing the switch on the clip. There's no need to take it
off. Just press the switch and JAWBONE'S noise cancelling technology
is off. For a demonstration of this, I recommend you download and
view the real time video and see how it works
(http://www.millenniumsystems.com/media/jawbone_launch.r...). Its a
pretty neat demo!

Also, I've been using JAWBONE for 3 months now and find the headset &
clip to be nonintrusive. The headset simply rests on your ear (and
stays there), and the controller easily clips on to your shirt, belt,
or waistband. Easy!

>What happens if the Jawbone owner wants to use it with more than one phone,
>or the owner changes cell-phones, say from a Motorola to a Nokia. Can
>it be adapted or does he/she have to buy a new Jawbone?

A fair scenario. But in our research, end users are three times more
likely to switch headsets than cell phones. The headset market is
considered a highly disposible one, with consumers currently switching
earpieces an estimated 3 times a year MAINLY due to their fragile
designs (bent wires, poor performance, bad design). Manufacterers
know this and have manipulated the market, in effect, creating a $600
million a year industry in selling disposible headsets to the
consumer. The thinking in into JAWBONE was to eliminate this problem.
To not only offer "military grade" technology to the end user, but
also a higher return on investment. Thus Jawbone was designed with
"military grade" plastics which are durable under extreme conditions
(heat, cold, bending). I should also be mention that the product
comes with a one (1) year warranty. Most manufacturer's offer at most
30 day warranties on their headsets.

The reason for JAWBONE'S compatibility with select Motorola, Nokia,
Sony Ericsson phones is because it connects through the mobile phone's
DATA PORT, not speaker port. JAWBONE goes above and beyond your
average headset as it communicates directly with the phones internal
processor to filter out external sounds and zero in on your voice.

That being said, lets say you lose your current JAWBONE compatible
phone and need to get a new one that works with the headset. Well,
new and upcoming cell phones do carry the data port that is compatible
with JAWBONE. Its basically the trend in the cell phone industry,
similiar to they way USB ports were added to computers in favor over
the old, crummy, inconvenient and slow Serial Port. Its basically out
with the old, in with the new. So if you lose your current Jawbone
compatible cell phone, don't fret...there is a wide array of JAWBONE
compatible cell phones to choose from now, will be even more three
months from now, and a heck of a lot more a year from now. As of this
writing JAWBONE'S designers are currently negotiating with another
major cell brand to make their mobile phones compatible with JAWBONE.
Very cool.

Also, we just added JAWBONE bundles to our website in case anyone
wants to purchase "JAWBONE bundled with a Compatible Phone". We
heavily discounted the phones to bring the price down and are
continuously adding more mobile phones to meet demand. You can order
them here...

http://www.millenniumsystems.com/jbundles.htm

>It would be much better if there was a *Bluetooth* version available
>as well. It could still be done with a two box approach, and only one
>cable, e.g. SonyEricsson HBH-200, or even just a single Bluetooth
>headset version.

I couldn't agree with you more. Its a small trade off till the JAWBONE
technology is minaturized and compacted even further. As of right
now, as far as "wired" headsets go, JAWBONE is the definite leader.
Just over two months ago, it beat out Plantronics and Logitech at the
DEMOMobile convention in La Jolla, Calif. You can read about it here:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2004-...

There is nothing else on the market that comes even close to its
design, durability, performance, and noise canceling technology.

Ok, I hope this answers your questions and explains some more about
JAWBONE. Thank you for your time.

Yours truly,

Chris
http://www.millenniumsystems.com/jawbone.htm