PNY gtx 670

Loudandproud

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Right now newegg has the gtx 670 for 310 after rebate, is it worth it? I'm worried because its reviewed badly and I don't think of PNY being that good of a brand. Should I get the gtx670 or save 30 or 40 and get a gtx 660ti?

Solution
You can get the PNY version of the 670. However, with that being said the 670 reference cards withstanding EVGA's solution have been known to be of bad quality. I would get the best card you can get with your money the 670 may be it however a card is only as useful as when its available to me used. My vote would be a strong 660Ti a Asus DCUII card or the Power edition cards from MSI.
You can get the PNY version of the 670. However, with that being said the 670 reference cards withstanding EVGA's solution have been known to be of bad quality. I would get the best card you can get with your money the 670 may be it however a card is only as useful as when its available to me used. My vote would be a strong 660Ti a Asus DCUII card or the Power edition cards from MSI.

Solution
I shall use a picture to illustrate this.
This is a reference card. Nothing special about it comes with a blower design which blows the air out of the case. Normally good in cases that do not have a good amount of airflow flowing within there case.
card-3q.jpg

This is a aftermarket cooler. This is a card comes with quieter fans and runs cooler as well. However, this video card will push air into your case and rely on the rest of your cases cooling to get the most out of the card. However that being said these are the stronger of the two cards giving the cooling and components that are used with the cards caps, chokes, and mosfets.
pressshot.jpg

Loudandproud

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Alright, that makes sense, so back to your first post if be better off with a good 660ti than a pny 670? I would love to have a 670 in my build, however the pny is the only one I could afford.

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
If you can't find a decent price on a different design card then sure go for the pny but just dont overclock or anything. The card might also get a little loud at times but don't worry too much. but a non refference is always a nice thing to have.

For me I wouldn't touch that PNY card with a 10 foot pole however you may be willing to make that chance. I personally would go with a strong 660Ti because at least then you won't worry about the sound of the card the heat from the card and the issues that stir from that.

Are you just gaming? or are you doing editing as well? If not you can just hold onto the 1 kit of 8 gigabytes 4x2. I would move up and get a stronger quality power supply unit all of XFX's current PSU's are Seasonic based so I would suggest this one. The builders versions of the corsair power supplies are not Seasonic based. After the rebate and the 20% promo they are the same price essentially.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013&Tpk=xfx%20550

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Get a cheaper case.
also you could get asus p8z77-v lx instead of lk. it's a little cheaper.
You don't really need SLI which is probably the reason why the 'lk' version is more expensive.

Its okay I thought as much with your triple posts :p and I would get a different case if it were me however! Cases are a personal touch so I think its right for you to decide sir :p

Loudandproud

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

The lk is the only one they have at microcenter right now I believe, also I would like to have the opportunity to sli down the road once the computer starts to lack. As for the case, I believe, you spend all this money to buy compenents, you want them to be in a safe, nice looking, and effective enviroment.

Loudandproud

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

The lk is the only one they have at microcenter right now I believe, also I would like to have the opportunity to sli down the road once the computer starts to lack. As for the case, I believe, you spend all this money to buy compenents, you want them to be in a safe, nice looking, and effective enviroment.

Yea see I have a very hard time telling someone get a different case because in the end its a personal touch its something that doesn't impact performance its more of a appeal then anything. I personally would go with a fractal design define r4 window or no window both are great but both are 20 dollars more from what I remember then the case you are looking at. And your motherboard is fine its not a 200 dollar motherboards its somewhere in the middle. You haven't gone wrong with your build I would in the future get a small SSD perhaps but overall you are fine sir.