Intel HD Graphics + Radeon 4350 hd 1gb ?

I recently began upgrading my computer. I started out buying a brand new one. I bought an i5core with integrated intel hd graphics and slowly come to terms with the intel hd graphics being awful. I have a radeon hd4350 1gb from my old pc at hand and there is a spare pci-e space in my new computer and i was wondering if i could just slot it in and install it and they would both work together? i am aware that the 2nd card isnt magical, but it seems to work better than the intel one.

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
24 answers Last reply
More about intel graphics radeon 4350
  1. as long as it fits i don't see why not but maybe if you have a sandy i5 you should look into getting a better graphics card like a 660 or 660ti or a 7870
  2. what is this system used for?
  3. yeah i literally bought it today. I wasn't aware how bad the intel hd graphics was until afterwards. I just happen to have a spare graphics card lying around and wondered if i could just slot it in to boost it a bit for now :) thanks :))
  4. I use it for gaming
  5. how much was your budget ? and where you located at like europe or america or ?
  6. What model i5 and what is your budget for your graphics card upgrade
  7. i would say get a cheap 7770 be good for any game for 1280x1080 unless u have the money for a 660ti then i say go for it
  8. i am from europe.

I needed a completely new desktop, my old one was reduced to a crawl in the end i just wanted a fresh start.

my budget was 600-700, i spent 650 on my new one. i5core, 8GBmem, 2TB harddrive, and integrated intel HD graphics.

since setting it up i tried some gaming and i was reduced to 15fps-30fps where i previous ran at 30-40fps on my old computer. i still have the components from my old computer, and i did some research into running 2 cards, and i was just wondering if i could throw in my card from my old comp (radeon HD 4350 256MB) and run them both until i can get a better card?

i just didnt know if it was compatible, and didnt want to run the risk of ruining something.
  9. youll need a new psu if you get a 7770
  10. I am just interested in if i could run the radeon HD 4350 256MB along with the integrated intel hd graphics, as a temporary solution?

I will not have the money to buy a new card for atleast another month.
  11. you cant run integrated graphics with a graphics card you can use it but its soon to be out of date and you will need a new card
  12. You can't use them both at the same time. I don't see the 4350 being a whole lt better than the intel graphics though. What was your old setup?
  13. my old setup was intel dual core with 2gb mem and the 4350. i am just wondering if its compatible? can i just plug it in and go from there? or will my computer have none of it?
  14. yes you can
  15. What power supply does he have..i have not seen him say
  16. It's funny how half of you didn't even answer his question. Yes they are compatible, you just can not run them at the same time, until you get a new one this will be fine.
  17. that's something i need to double check, i'm not entirely sure. I will check if its enough before running, i just wanted to know if it was compatible
  18. Oh i'm sorry Blue I overlooked his sub question since some many people were chiming in..But yea you can use the 4350 for the mean time as long as your have a slot open for it
  19. thanks everyone for your help :)
  20. ^^^^ first post -- as long as it fits i don't see why not but maybe if you have a sandy i5 you should look into getting a better graphics card like a 660 or 660ti or a 7870

thats me answering the question but no just forget that i even said anything dont worry about the 2 times i said yes 3 if u count my first post
  21. As long as you have a PCI-E slot using the 4350 should be fine. Depending on the board, both can be used at the same time(drive a screen off each for instance).

Since I had a 4350 in my media center(did not like the noise from the 5770). I do not think it will give you much gaming fun as it JUST pushes media center(the animations are not even that smooth).

I tried some games at the lowest settings, but that was about it.

In the end, I replaced it with a 650 ti and could not be happier. Cool , quiet and low power consumption(even games ok with some reduced details at 1920 x 1200).
  22. batty251 said:
    ^^^^ first post -- as long as it fits i don't see why not but maybe if you have a sandy i5 you should look into getting a better graphics card like a 660 or 660ti or a 7870

thats me answering the question but no just forget that i even said anything dont worry about the 2 times i said yes 3 if u count my first post

I did notice i was just looking for multiple opinions. I am grateful :p
  23. nukemaster said:
    As long as you have a PCI-E slot using the 4350 should be fine. Depending on the board, both can be used at the same time(drive a screen off each for instance).

Since I had a 4350 in my media center(did not like the noise from the 5770). I do not think it will give you much gaming fun as it JUST pushes media center(the animations are not even that smooth).

I tried some games at the lowest settings, but that was about it.

In the end, I replaced it with a 650 ti and could not be happier. Cool , quiet and low power consumption(even games ok with some reduced details at 1920 x 1200).

my old card could run what i play better than the intel one :p with the intel one its was barely playable :p thanks for the info tho, i do plan to get a better card when i can afford it.
  24. thank you :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Computers Intel HD Radeon