Random castles, mazes...

ecs

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Hi,

I'd like to find some game like this:

* 1st or 3rd person, with hardware accelerated 3D.

* The goal is to exit each level, or arrive to some place.

* Not a fighting game (ie: your worry shouldn't be how to kill that
monster, but how to arrive to that stair you see above you).

* Levels are randomly generated (ie: like a random maze generator, but
levels don't look like typical mazes in magazines... instead, they
should look like a more realistic level, in 3D, with rooms, stairs,
windows, etc...

* It takes place in castles, medieval places, or ancient temples.

* For the moment, it doesn't matter the platform.

Well... does any game come to your mind? My first guess would be some
mod for Quake, but unfortunately I don't know where to begin, since
the Quake community seems huge and overcrowded of resources...

Suggestions welcome!

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

The closest thing I can come up with is a newer game called Nosferatu: The
Wrath of Malachi. Billed as a "first person survival horror game", the
castle is randomly generated for every new game. There is, however, a fair
amount of fighting, but it definitely takes a backseat to the often
challenging navigation around the castle in order to rescue members of your
blueblood family.

It's not too expensive, so give it a shot.

Regards,
John Dadey