Asus Matrix idle temps WAY to high

martinrox1568

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hi guys!
I am having some trouble with my graphics card. I bought it off the newegg open box items category(I now know not to from 3 out of 4 misfunctioning pc parts. The only reason I bought it is that it was $380 which was a bargain) and installed it. Up from here, I have had nothing but problems. When I first installed it, the SECOND temps would go beyond 73c, it would throttle and games would drop down to 3-8fps. No problem, I just sent it to Asus with an RMA. I got it back and it seemed to work fine.

It has been around 2-3 months before I noticed something was wrong with it (It didn't start acting up, but voltages, and temps were high, and I just noticed after 2-3 month :kaola: )Temps would go up to 85c, which isn't dangerous, but I was expecting better from this card. And get this, idle temps are 53c. Now, I have some questions, I need answered, and I was hoping you guys would help me :)

1) What should be the STOCK voltage for this card? I am using GPU tweak, and when I click on DEFAULT, it sets the voltage to 1250mv. I'm no expert, but isn't that too high? Not sure though which is why I need your help.

2) Is idle voltage supposed to drop substantially? On GPUtweak, It is showing 950mv on IDLE consistently, and temps are 46-53. Aren't temps supposed to be around 30c?

Now, if stock voltages are too high, I may have a theory here. Could Asus have just made default voltages higher, and then just shipped it back to me? Or something like that

Anywy, thanks a lot for your help in advance :)