Sign in with
Your question

7970 vs 660ti - Page 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 5:21:56 PM

Memnarchon said:
Although it seems nice, I would never recommend such upgrade. The 7870XT and the 660TI are the last GPUs you can buy before starting to pay a lot of money for a little boost.
On the other hand such an upgrade wouldn't hurt anyone since you will pay only $100 (ofc this depends on your wallet).

What I am trying to say is that if you don't have problem paying $100 for a 21-31% upgrade go for it. If you think that $100 is too much, then don't.

Actually, tigerdirect has the card at $350. So with my above mentioned dicounts, I would only end up paying about $50. For a 30% increase, that's not too bad especially since this card will last a while.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 5:22:07 PM

Memnarchon said:
Although it seems nice, I would never recommend such upgrade. The 7870XT and the 660TI are the last GPUs you can buy before starting to pay a lot of money for a little boost.
On the other hand such an upgrade wouldn't hurt anyone since you will pay only $100 (ofc this depends on your wallet).

What I am trying to say is that if you don't have problem paying $100 for a 21-31% upgrade go for it. If you think that $100 is too much, then don't.

Actually, tigerdirect has the card at $350. So with my above mentioned dicounts, I would only end up paying about $50. For a 30% increase, that's not too bad especially since this card will last a while.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 5:22:09 PM

Memnarchon said:

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 5:30:21 PM

Well for $50, 30% upgrade is awesome so, go for it :) 
m
l
February 23, 2013 7:50:10 PM

Memnarchon said:
Well your post was around in the middle of this conversation and not the 1st :p .

Actually, to suggest SLI, I was....

Memnarchon said:

Also even if he sell his 660ti (lets say the new has a price of $280 at least, he could sell it for $200) he also needs an other $185 in order to reach the cheapest 7970 at the moment we speak at newegg. An other $185 for 21-32% performance (depends on nonGE to GE).

The OP has since made it clear that he intended to buy bioshock and Crysis.... If he gets $200 for his card.. That's $320, He can get the XFX dual fan card for $350. For $30... Yeah, I'd upgrade.

Memnarchon said:

It is not worthy to do such a small upgrade for so much money.

See above
m
l
      • 2 / 2
!