Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crysis 3 LOW FPS help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 23, 2013 11:17:39 AM

Getting 5 FPS on 1024x768 + low settings , no background program running ,
my specs
GPU : GTX 650 TI
PROC: core 2 duo E4300 @ 1.8 GHZ
Ram: 2 GB
MSI afterburner shows 30-40 GPU usage
I know that maybe bcoz of bottleneck but I should get a min 30 FPS ?

More about : crysis low fps

February 23, 2013 11:22:39 AM

Bottleneck in the CPU and RAM department...they are not enough to run crysis 3
m
0
l
a c 145 U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 11:24:11 AM

My guess would be a cpu bottleneck and/or ram. A 2.4Ghz core 2 duo and 3Gb is the minimum requirements and you are short on both.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 11:26:03 AM

sam1911 said:
Getting 5 FPS on 800x600 + low settings , no background program running ,
my specs
GPU : GTX 650 TI
PROC: core 2 duo E4300 @ 1.8 GHZ
Ram: 2 GB
MSI afterburner shows 30-40 GPU usage
I know that maybe bcoz of bottleneck but I should get a min 30 FPS ?


There are your issues right there plain and simple. Completely pathetic CPU with 2GB of DDR2. Nowadays 4GB of DDR3 is barely enough let alone 2GB of DDR2.

If you want to use your GPU properly, you are going to need to buy a new CPU + mobo + ram + maybe PSU as well. Not to mention the 650TI isn't even a good card for value (Can't even support SLI).
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 11:32:03 AM

JJ1217 said:
There are your issues right there plain and simple. Completely pathetic CPU with 2GB of DDR2. Nowadays 4GB of DDR3 is barely enough let alone 2GB of DDR2.

If you want to use your GPU properly, you are going to need to buy a new CPU + mobo + ram + maybe PSU as well. Not to mention the 650TI isn't even a good card for value (Can't even support SLI).

I dont want 60 FPS Gameplay but it should be playable on high to mid sett... :)  BTW do you think 5-10 FPS is normal with that CPU ?
m
0
l
a c 145 U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 11:38:23 AM

Is there a certain part of "minimum requirements" you don't understand? When your system doesnt meet them the game will run very poorly and sometime not at all. If you want to run Crysis 3 you will need to upgrade.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 11:41:01 AM

sam1911 said:
I dont want 60 FPS Gameplay but it should be playable on high to mid sett... :)  BTW do you think 5-10 FPS is normal with that CPU ?


If you had a respectable CPU, yes easily. But with a CPU that falls under the minimum spec you can't expect to get anywhere. Its like pairing a Pentium 3 with a 690, the 690 has to slow down so that the Pentium 3 can cope, as all the information from the GPU can't get through because the CPU is too slow. That is a bottleneck, and quite a big one.
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 11:51:02 AM

JJ1217 said:
If you had a respectable CPU, yes easily. But with a CPU that falls under the minimum spec you can't expect to get anywhere. Its like pairing a Pentium 3 with a 690, the 690 has to slow down so that the Pentium 3 can cope, as all the information from the GPU can't get through because the CPU is too slow. That is a bottleneck, and quite a big one.

DEAD SPACE 3's MIN req 2.8 GHZ & mine falls under the minimum spec but I get 70-100+ FPS in ultra , why C3 IS more CPU dependent ? I dont get it !
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 11:54:31 AM

Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 are 2 different things completely. If your system falls below the minimum specs, its gonna run like crap. Yours does, thats why it runs like crap. 2gbs of RAM? Ouch.
m
0
l
a c 145 U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 12:00:20 PM

Dead space 3 has a cpu requirement of a 2.8Ghz single core cpu and 1.8Ghz dual core actually meets that requirement it also has a lower ram and video card requirement. Dead space 3 doesn't need nearly the hardware Crysis 3 requires.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 12:01:59 PM

The pretty much specifically make Crysis games to test your hardware, in my opinion. I've never played a Crysis game, never heard anyone talk about the gameplay. I think the game was made to satisfy all the nerds out there who make the greatest gaming rigs. Guild Wars 2 is another popular game that is quite taxing on the CPU.
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 1:12:42 PM

vrumor said:
Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 are 2 different things completely. If your system falls below the minimum specs, its gonna run like crap. Yours does, thats why it runs like crap. 2gbs of RAM? Ouch.

Will there be FPS improvement If I switch two 4 GIGs for now ?
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 1:27:31 PM

allright that CPu is enogh for C3 ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 1:33:27 PM

trapdoor said:
allright that CPu is enogh for C3 ?

Best bang for buck for Crysis 3 appears to be the FX-6300. But wait til next week when more benchmarks are out.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 1:36:33 PM

You gpu is fine. It's your ram and cpu that are bad. :p 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 4:04:07 PM

You know theres a reason why people spend thousands of dollars for high performance PC equipment. If all tasks could be done with a $500 budget then wed all be using consoles. If you want good performance, dont be cheap. And if you are cheap, dont expect high performance. See the logic in that?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 4:08:32 PM

Funny thing is an FX 8350 is leading the cpu benchmarks for Crysis 3, the game just loves cores.

Even with my 5.0 Ghz i5 2500k and SLI 680's there are parts in the game where my framrates dive.

You need a current generation CPU to enjoy this game!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 4:28:51 PM

vrumor said:
You know theres a reason why people spend thousands of dollars for high performance PC equipment. If all tasks could be done with a $500 budget then wed all be using consoles. If you want good performance, dont be cheap. And if you are cheap, dont expect high performance. See the logic in that?

I've seen gaming pc built with a 300$ budget. You don't need thousands of dollars to have a pc that plays games.
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 4:58:57 PM

HUGE cpu and HUGE ram bottleneck and a bit of an graphics card bottleneck cause that card is like the minimum to run crysis 3
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 5:02:29 PM

redeemer said:
Funny thing is an FX 8350 is leading the cpu benchmarks for Crysis 3, the game just loves cores.

Even with my 5.0 Ghz i5 2500k and SLI 680's there are parts in the game where my framrates dive.

You need a current generation CPU to enjoy this game!

Wow 2 way 680's and FPS dives thats just unacceptable btw do you think AMD 's are good for multitasking + more performance for money ? than Intel :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 5:22:46 PM

Djentleman said:
I've seen gaming pc built with a 300$ budget. You don't need thousands of dollars to have a pc that plays games.


Yeah and could even go lower than that with a Raspberry Pi. I said high performance equipment. Not bottom of the barrel budget PC hardware. If Crysis 3 could be maxed on a $500 budget, dont you think wed all have $500 builds? Hence my point. Theres a reason people spend thousands on PC gear. Cause we want top line performance. The OP shouldnt expect anything but low level performance with his current gear or even a $500 budget.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 6:34:04 PM

sam1911 said:
Wow 2 way 680's and FPS dives thats just unacceptable btw do you think AMD 's are good for multitasking + more performance for money ? than Intel :) 



Yes and @ $200 is the best band for the buck, indeed finally developers are optimizing for FX architecture. As more games become multi-threaded we will see this trend continue

http://www.overclock.net/t/1362591/gamegpu-crysis-3-fin...






m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 6:51:26 PM

sam1911 said:
& what could be the FPS then?

Probably 30-40fps average, with Antialiasing on Low. Provided you replace that weak dual-core with an FX-6300 or i5.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 7:05:33 PM

You'd also need a new motherboard. I think that CPU is on socket 775, which is a LONG DEAD socket.
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 7:18:50 PM

Like most people, I'd recommend a new system. If you're like me, however, and can't afford a new system immediately, an upgrade is in order. Check out your board and see what the highest cpu it can support. LGA 775 is way past its eol date, thus finding a cheap used part that passes the minimum req is very easy. Upgrading that system is truly, just a stop-gap measure.
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 7:30:08 PM

sam1911 said:
bro GTS 450/Radeon HD 5770 are minimum and GTX 650 Ti passes the recommended :)  http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/...

a friend of me has an 550 ti that i helped to overclock and it preformes a bit better than a stock 650 ti but he needs to put everything on low to get playable framerates in crysis 3
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 2:56:52 AM

redeemer said:
Yes and @ $200 is the best band for the buck, indeed finally developers are optimizing for FX architecture. As more games become multi-threaded we will see this trend continue

http://www.overclock.net/t/1362591/gamegpu-crysis-3-fin...



http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p520/sanjaysaini365/a3006fcb_Crysis-3-Test-CPUs-VH-720p_zps774b4d28.png
wow ! it opened my eyes , now looking forward to FX8350 , do you think it will perform better than 3770K + future proof ?
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 3:00:38 AM

jaslion said:
a friend of me has an 550 ti that i helped to overclock and it preformes a bit better than a stock 650 ti but he needs to put everything on low to get playable framerates in crysis 3

check this playing at ultra with 650 ti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtEb1WDd51U&list=HL13616...
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 1:53:14 PM

redeemer said:
Yes and @ $200 is the best band for the buck, indeed finally developers are optimizing for FX architecture. As more games become multi-threaded we will see this trend continue

http://www.overclock.net/t/1362591/gamegpu-crysis-3-fin...



http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p520/sanjaysaini365/a3006fcb_Crysis-3-Test-CPUs-VH-720p_zps774b4d28.png

now i can finaly say AMD FTW AND NOT intel ftw. i'm glad that the amd cpu are beginning to be used where they where made for
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 5:06:29 PM

jaslion said:
or the vdeo is cheated
or his card is crap
(i think it is option 2)
lol the video is not cheated , ur considering it cheated coz u think that OC gtx 550 ti better than 650 ti & still cant handle Crysis 3 :p  Let me tell you an OC GTX 550 TI cant even come closer to GTX 650(non TI ) :( 
2nd my card isnt a crap it can handle non cpu intensive game at ultra very well .Above all its the processor actually depends in Crysis 3 .Btw your friend maybe using some low end Proc :p 
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 5:35:07 PM

sam1911 said:
lol the video is not cheated , ur considering it cheated coz u think that OC gtx 550 ti better than 650 ti & still cant handle Crysis 3 :p  Let me tell you an OC GTX 550 TI cant even come closer to GTX 650(non TI ) :( 
2nd my card isnt a crap it can handle non cpu intensive game at ultra very well .Above all its the processor actually depends in Crysis 3 .Btw your friend maybe using some low end Proc :p 

i7 2600k oc 4ghz don't think it is low end (btw i know the vid is not cheated :p ) it is just wierd that it won't run crysis 3 good low at 1024*768 he gets 45fps avg and his minimum is 40. his pc runs bf3 on veryhigh at 1080p really good avg 60 fps (ultra sometimes lags)
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 5:54:52 PM

jaslion said:
i7 2600k oc 4ghz don't think it is low end (btw i know the vid is not cheated :p ) it is just wierd that it won't run crysis 3 good low at 1024*768 he gets 45fps avg and his minimum is 40. his pc runs bf3 on veryhigh at 1080p really good avg 60 fps (ultra sometimes lags)

wow i7 2600k ain't low end but 3rd gen processor is recommended for C3 , you cant help it :)  . I have seen people with 2500K i5 struggling and cant even rich stable 30 fps in low :)  . On that vid he is using i5 3570k thats why ;) 
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 6:02:11 PM

sam1911 said:
wow i7 2600k ain't low end but 3rd gen processor is recommended for C3 , you cant help it :)  . I have seen people with 2500K i5 struggling and cant even rich stable 30 fps in low :)  . On that vid he is using i5 3570k thats why ;) 

that SUCKS really hard he paid like 350€ for it and he can't run crysis 3. but there is something wierd about it i have seen people run it on a core 2 quad core on medium with an hd 7770 i think. WIERD (but an phenom x4 965 be will work or not?)
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 6:49:36 PM

sam1911 said:
DEAD SPACE 3's MIN req 2.8 GHZ & mine falls under the minimum spec but I get 70-100+ FPS in ultra , why C3 IS more CPU dependent ? I dont get it !


70-100+ on ultra?

I may believe you if you are using a resolution of 640x480 or below, but who in their sane mind will play games on pc like that?

Also, how do you know you are getting those numbers? Either you are using a 120hz display which I doubt since those are expensive and you are using a cheap desktop, or you are just mentioning the fps you get during the opening scenes, or when looking at empty areas, but definitely not the average number while in-game.
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 7:19:10 PM

k4ever said:
70-100+ on ultra?

I may believe you if you are using a resolution of 640x480 or below, but who in their sane mind will play games on pc like that?

Also, how do you know you are getting those numbers? Either you are using a 120hz display which I doubt since those are expensive and you are using a cheap desktop, or you are just mentioning the fps you get during the opening scenes, or when looking at empty areas, but definitely not the average number while in-game.

hahaha lol why should I lie ? I was using 1366x768 monitor and was at very high setting :)  , but there was micro stuttering at some point in the game :)  I could have posted a photo with Msi afterburner but I already uninstalled it 6-4 days ago .
m
0
l
March 11, 2013 9:26:20 AM

Hey guys, I dont want to spam, so I put it here.
I have problem with crysis 3 FPS too! :( 

Specs:

Graphic card: MSI R7870
Procesor: AMD Phenom 955 3,7 Ghz.

Iam playing campaign and I have only +-20-26 FPS in Fraps.
Any ideas about this problem? If you want any more info, I can write it bellow.

I have reinstalled Win7 64bit. Coz I had problems with start up too( for about 2-3 minutes).
Thanks
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2013 10:03:55 AM

You are still running an AMD 6000+, thats your problem.
m
0
l
March 11, 2013 10:44:17 AM

sam1911 said:
JJ1217 said:
If you had a respectable CPU, yes easily. But with a CPU that falls under the minimum spec you can't expect to get anywhere. Its like pairing a Pentium 3 with a 690, the 690 has to slow down so that the Pentium 3 can cope, as all the information from the GPU can't get through because the CPU is too slow. That is a bottleneck, and quite a big one.

DEAD SPACE 3's MIN req 2.8 GHZ & mine falls under the minimum spec but I get 70-100+ FPS in ultra , why C3 IS more CPU dependent ? I dont get it !


If u read on the internet, people with 3960x get better performance than people with 3770k i crysis 3. This means that crysis 3 is incredibly well optimized to use the cpu, thats why u are facing a lad dude to the slow cpu.
m
0
l
March 11, 2013 11:49:42 AM

ANIR0X2K00L said:
sam1911 said:
JJ1217 said:
If you had a respectable CPU, yes easily. But with a CPU that falls under the minimum spec you can't expect to get anywhere. Its like pairing a Pentium 3 with a 690, the 690 has to slow down so that the Pentium 3 can cope, as all the information from the GPU can't get through because the CPU is too slow. That is a bottleneck, and quite a big one.

DEAD SPACE 3's MIN req 2.8 GHZ & mine falls under the minimum spec but I get 70-100+ FPS in ultra , why C3 IS more CPU dependent ? I dont get it !


If u read on the internet, people with 3960x get better performance than people with 3770k i crysis 3. This means that crysis 3 is incredibly well optimized to use the cpu, thats why u are facing a lad dude to the slow cpu.

Do you think it will be solved if I get the 3770k or wait for haswell bcoz 3960x is very costly !
m
0
l
March 11, 2013 2:12:03 PM

vrumor said:
You are still running an AMD 6000+, thats your problem.


Aww, Iam so sorry. It was my old procesor. Now I have AMD phenom 955.
Its Q-core 3,7Ghz. Is it oldschool in this times? I have seen specs for crysis 3. Thanks:) 
So my answer up here is actual. I will edit it.
m
0
l
!