Sleep option missing from PC?

dbrodie917

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello,
I recently just installed a Galaxy GeForce GT 610. Everything installed easily and had no problems. Until i tried to put my PC to sleep and noticed the sleep option is completely missing. It isnt in power settings, power button, or even in advanced power settings. just trying to figure out how to get my sleep mode back! oh and i have an HP -2326s, windows 8 if thats necessary

dbrodie917

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
tried. iv searched through control panel, power options and advanced power options and there is NOTHING about sleep mode. Its gone from the power button, power options menu etc

G

I have an identical issue just from a different graphics card. The sleep mode has been completely removed from all pulldown menus and anything else. You mention that it's usually disabled due to overclocking, well the card I bought is 'manufacturer oveclocked'. Will I be able to reinstate a sleep mode option via BIOS or anything else? If I due reinstate a sleep mode option is it going to rupture the new 'manufacturer overclocked' graphics card or nullify it partially or completely?!

The sleep states are disabled in the BIOS for overclocking the CPU. This disabling is done by the user if the sleep option is available on the motherboard.

The Graphics card overclocking (sometimes done by the manufacturer) is different. Graphics card manufacturers have their own program for overclocking the Graphics card. EVGA has "Precision" (free program).

I generally OC the CPU and leave the Graphics card alone.

Antonio Pirog

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

I see, so in my case I installed this AMD Radeon 7770 (Black) and the option to set "what happens when the power button is pressed" doesn't even offer sleep mode anymore, is there a way to bring it back without lowering or nullifying the point of installing the better graphics card?

Antonio Pirog

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Handy-dandy link, thnx! I was able to look at some things and flipped on hibernation mode. I see "hibernate" is now an option in my pulldown menus. I may stick with that, it's better than powering completely off. According to the powercfg, I found out all 4 or 5 standby states read "..an internal system component has disabled this standby state. graphics" so it's safe to assume the new card won't jive with an active sleep setting around.

[/quotemsg]

I see, so in my case I installed this AMD Radeon 7770 (Black) and the option to set "what happens when the power button is pressed" doesn't even offer sleep mode anymore, is there a way to bring it back without lowering or nullifying the point of installing the better graphics card?[/quotemsg]
Windows and not the Graphics card controls the sleep states. You have a good Graphics card, leave it alone.

The thread posted by Sr-71 Blackbird will provide more detailed info.