Sign in with
Your question

plextor has a dvd drive!

Last response: in Storage
March 29, 2002 6:44:08 PM

PLEXTOR® INTRODUCES CD-RW/DVD-ROM COMBO DRIVE

Multifunction Drive Combines Convenience of CD-Recording With Multimedia Playback and High-Capacity Storage of DVD-ROM

http://plextor.com/english/news/press/pr03182002.html

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

More about : plextor dvd drive

Related resources
April 4, 2002 2:10:19 AM

I do not like combe drive. I perfer to have two separate drive. Combe drives are not convenient if you want to copy CD.
April 4, 2002 5:29:43 AM

yea, but i wouldnt be copying a dvd with that drive would i? and i dare you to find a cd writor that doesnt also read cds ;) 

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 8, 2002 10:42:30 PM

well, its about time plextor came out with a dvdrom solution, now with the added benefit of being a cd burner. ive always purchased plextor products, imo they are the best and most reliable drives on the market. still using my 12/20plex reader and my 12/4/32 plexwriter, both scsi, and both rock. i think its safe to wait around for some reviews of the drive before jumping on it, most first tries dont come out this best, and this is a new jump for plextor. i was considering a toshiba 1612 dvdrom, and a plextor PX-W4012TA cdrw as a much better solution for probably the same price. after all, youll still need another cd or dvd drive with the new plextor drive to copy on the fly. just my 2cents.
April 9, 2002 4:24:58 AM

I do not want to pay extra money for the DVD feature which I do not need. It is also slow regular CDRW drive.
April 9, 2002 4:48:19 AM

you are correct.
combo drives are unlikely to be ever as fast as pure drives.
their attractivness lies in that u only need to get one drive to do both. something useful for limited space oem boxes or mini tower cases.

You're an embarrisment to nature you know that?
April 14, 2002 3:55:11 AM

you don't really need to cd's to copy a CD....You can always Rip the songs with MusicMatch and then just burn them...

This Community is like a Second Family!!
!