Sign in with
Your question

How do you connect 6 pin power connectors to your motherboard?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 23, 2013 5:50:43 PM

I recently purchased a 560 ti and I realize that in needs two 6 pin connectors inserted for it to work. My motherboard does not have any 6 pin connectors on it so I need to know how to connect a 6 pin connector to my mother board and into my graphics card. Also, will my motherboard be able to support 2 6 pins?
My mother board is a 2nd Gen Intel Core i7-2600 Processor with 8MB L3 cache and 3.4GHz processor.

Thanks for the help!
a c 103 U Graphics card
a c 145 V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 6:02:12 PM

generalramen said:
I recently purchased a 560 ti and I realize that in needs two 6 pin connectors inserted for it to work. My motherboard does not have any 6 pin connectors on it so I need to know how to connect a 6 pin connector to my mother board and into my graphics card. Also, will my motherboard be able to support 2 6 pins?
My mother board is a 2nd Gen Intel Core i7-2600 Processor with 8MB L3 cache and 3.4GHz processor.

Thanks for the help!

The 6 pin PCIe power connectors required by graphics cards are connected directly to the power supply, not the motherboard.
February 23, 2013 6:28:25 PM

Was your pc pre-built or storebought, because if it is most likely your psu doesn't support it, so you would need a new one.
Related resources
February 23, 2013 7:12:50 PM

Pinhedd said:
The 6 pin PCIe power connectors required by graphics cards are connected directly to the power supply, not the motherboard.

oh well where can i find it then?
a c 204 U Graphics card
a c 194 V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 7:21:14 PM

What make/model of power supply does your system have in it?
February 24, 2013 12:53:20 AM

xasylum said:
Was your pc pre-built or storebought, because if it is most likely your psu doesn't support it, so you would need a new one.

& It was storebought. So do i just need to buy a new psu? & can you tell me a good model/brand?
February 24, 2013 1:38:03 AM

generalramen said:
& It was storebought. So do i just need to buy a new psu? & can you tell me a good model/brand?

Whats your budget?
February 24, 2013 5:56:23 PM

COLGeek said:
What make/model of power supply does your system have in it?

can you tell me how to find out?
February 24, 2013 5:56:59 PM

xasylum said:
Whats your budget?

its not that much but I don't realy have a "set" budget... can you tell me a cheap one that supports it?
a c 164 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2013 6:03:34 PM

@ GeneralRamen: Where are you?
It's usually a good idea to get a good powersupply, cheap 'high power' units are usually of poor quality and lack protection, it's not unknown for such a unit to damage the rest of the system when it fails.
Good name: Corsair, Silverstone, Pc Power and Cooling, Antec, Seasonic and FSP.
Look for 500 to 600 Watts with dual 6 pin PCI-E connectors.
One last point, exactly which system do you have? Some small or slimline systems will not accept a standard sized powersupply.
February 24, 2013 6:26:57 PM

generalramen said:
its not that much but I don't realy have a "set" budget... can you tell me a cheap one that supports it?

XFX 550w core edition
a c 204 U Graphics card
a c 194 V Motherboard
February 24, 2013 6:29:41 PM

generalramen said:
can you tell me how to find out?

On the side of your power supply will be a label with the information on it.
!