Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus gtx 680 directcu II price?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 23, 2013 7:57:17 PM

used one that I can grab for 420 right now. Is it worth it or should I just go with something else? Btw playing at 1920x1080.

Or I have the option of a new GTX 680 SC Signature from EVGA for 445.
February 23, 2013 11:58:56 PM

I'd go with the Asus. The dual fans will allow for better cooling, meaning better overclocking too. The performance difference between the two is minimal.
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 24, 2013 12:05:49 AM

Just throwing out there, the 680 is an absolute waste of money.

It's only 5% faster than a 670, but it's 25-30% more expensive.

When you consider that both cards will max out the same games, why would you spend an extra $100 for virtually no performance benefit?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 24, 2013 12:57:29 AM

DarkSable said:
Just throwing out there, the 680 is an absolute waste of money.

It's only 5% faster than a 670, but it's 25-30% more expensive.

When you consider that both cards will max out the same games, why would you spend an extra $100 for virtually no performance benefit?

This, plus if you consider a reference 680 vs a aftermarket 670, the 670 will likely end up faster after an OC because its temps and noise will be more tolerable.
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 1:00:44 AM

I feel like you guys didn't even read the post. Its not a reference 680. Its an asus 680 directcu ii OC. For 420. Which is what a 670 would cost. Thanks anyways though
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 1:17:50 AM

Get the asus dc2 680, is it a dc2t version as in TOP? because that goes for like $500+, getting 420 is a bargain considering asus gtx 670 dc2 going at $420 too
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 1:20:25 AM

For those who keeps saying gtx 670 is better price/performance, well if it is so, everyone would be buying the 670 and those who buys the 680 are not smart? it is better, at games that demand more, you would expect a different from two cards. Why would they release two cards that gives 5% performance different at $100 more?
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 1:22:49 AM

pete123edgar said:
Get the asus dc2 680, is it a dc2t version as in TOP? because that goes for like $500+, getting 420 is a bargain considering asus gtx 670 dc2 going at $420 too

Its the asus 680 directcu ii OC version
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 24, 2013 1:38:59 AM

pete123edgar said:
For those who keeps saying gtx 670 is better price/performance, well if it is so, everyone would be buying the 670 and those who buys the 680 are not smart? it is better, at games that demand more, you would expect a different from two cards. Why would they release two cards that gives 5% performance different at $100 more?

680 is for bragging rights, 670 offers far more value considering price to performance ratio.
m
0
l
!