Help on Graphics Card choices!!

iDurr

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Hello,

I have recently purchased an MSI r7970 Lightning on TigerDirect. However, I have been told that they somehow have this card on backorder, so I am waiting in the meantime to receive this card.

Initially, I wanted to get the Asus Matrix Platinum, but as soon as i had enough money squared away to purchase one, they could not (and still can't be) found online in the US, which is where i'm from. During my waiting for my card to ship, I have learned that MSI has made a Boost Edition of the r7970 Lightning. I have heard great things about both the regular lighting and the boost edition. I have a watercooling kit that I'd like to throw the Lighting on as well.

My question is this: should i cancel my order for the regular r7970 Lightning and try to pay out the nose for the importing of the Boost edition? I want a quality non-reference card that can OC well, and can also be watercooled, so If you guys have any better suggestions (or links to any Asus Matrix's still on sale online), I'd love to hear those suggestions!