Jrakosik

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Ok, I'm sure it's been discussed a lot on this board, but I have a dilemna:
I currently have 128 (2x64, of course) mb RD ram in my pc, I'm looking to upgrade because,well frankly, 128 isn't cutting it.. lmao
Now, I went on price watch, searched around and all that, and I'm looking for what brand to get, I've seen a few brands that I'm somewhat familiar with (in terms of reputation etc..).. has anyone seen any links, or experienced anything (good or bad) with these brands?
1. Corsair (I heard this is some of the best to get)
2. Samsung: one of the most common brands I'm finding on pricewatch...
3. NEC
4. Kingston

Now I think I have to go with kingston just cause the shop i'm going to (in Indianapolis, where I'm going to visit next week) has it in stock (pc800 "8-device" Rdram ECC).. is kingston a good brand to get for rambus?? I know it's a decent brand for sdram and all that..
Thanks

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
the reason this post wasn't answered quickly is because the question has been discussed Ad Nauseum in this forum and several others here at THG the short answer is Samsung NON ECC

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
dont forget...it's double-sided samsung non-ecc rdram...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

FatBurger

Illustrious
You seem to have done quite a lot of searching on PriceWatch, is it that much more difficult here?

Yes, double-sided Samsung is best.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

eden

Champion
Samsund has also been proved to be overclockable to PC1066 quite easily and most of the time very stably. Percect for overclocks of the 1.6A to 2.4GHZ and above.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!