Good 27" monitor for both gaming and photo editing?

dlesko

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2007
Hi guys. Im considering buying a Dell U2713HM 27.0" monitor for my current build. You can see the monitor's specs here:

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-40773&redirect=1

My wife is the one doing the photos so i dont know much about it but, im the one building the computer :). I want to make it usable for both of us. What is the benefit of having a monitor that runs at 2560 x 1440 resolution for photo editing? Is this a decent monitor for gaming also? I know it's good for photos. Any other suggestions for a 27" monitor that can be used for both gaming and photo editing? Thanks guys.

hthorntonp7

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Just from reading the title that was the exact monitor I was about to recommend LOL. It is alright for gaming, the only problem would be the response time (8ms), but my monitor is the same and I can't notice anything. Unless you are die hard pc gamer, you probably won't notice the difference of the 8ms and a 2ms, but you would notice the difference of the ips panel to tn panel, especially when your wife is editing photos. The higher resolution will allow your wife to edit the photos more accurately and precisely. I personally think that's the best monitor for your scenario.