Watching TV on your computer?

greenuns

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
Hi, I recently bought the Ti4600 by Visiontek. It had a Tv-in/out plug thing on it and I was wondering if I could connect my TV cable line to the plug and watch tv on my computer?

If not I'm thinking of getting the Viewsonic VB50HRTV
Video Box, all the reviews that I have read seems to be great and everybody seems to recommend buying one but I would first need to see the quality of the screen. Because some TV/cards or devices have really!!! bad picture qualities. Does anyone have this device? Are there any screenshots?

Please help me out, cheers~ :)

Greg

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
TV-in/out usually refers to RCA composite in/out or S-Video connection. The CHEAPEST way to watch TV through your computer in this case is to use a VCR as a cable box, or use a cable box with RCA output. You hook a standard RCA cable from the TV-out connection of the VCR to the TV-In connection of the video card, and the Audio Out of the VCR to the input jack of the sound card, using an RCA to mini-jack adapter cable available for around $5 at most places that carry cables (probably wal-mart, etc) or from Radio-Shack for maybe $8.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?